Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bell is back!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    i wouldn't play him until after the bye at least.
    agreed.

if you cant win without him this week, it really doesn't matter when he comes back this year.

not worth the long term risk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Dwyer's the man right now, or should be.

Bell can be worked in to the rotation gradually.
    The problem with that is that, knowing Dwyer, he'll now think he is The $h!t, and go back to living like he's "made it"--become complacent, rest on his laurels, get fat, stop playing with a chip on his shoulder. That's the only reason why he was cut and that scrub Redman was kept. Talent-wise, it isn't even close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    The problem with that is that, knowing Dwyer, he'll now think he is The $h!t, and go back to living like he's "made it"--become complacent, rest on his laurels, get fat, stop playing with a chip on his shoulder. That's the only reason why he was cut and that scrub Redman was kept. Talent-wise, it isn't even close.
    Maybe after his sabbatical for a week or two he'll decide it's better on the field than on the couch, and stay on edge, fighting for that #2 spot.

I'd like to believe the Steeler docs wouldn't put him on the field too early, but tbh, I don't have a lot of faith in that for some reason.

Hey, MJG - didn't you used to have a cool sig pic? Flippy can tell you how to get it back on the forum, he just figured it out recently.
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 09-24-2013 at 09:05 PM.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Maybe after his sabbatical for a week or two he'll decide it's better on the field than on the couch, and stay on edge, fighting for that #2 spot.

I'd like to believe the Steeler docs wouldn't put him on the field too early, but tbh, I don't have a lot of faith in that for some reason.
    Beat me to it, SAS. I was going to say the same thing. We can only hope him getting cut will act as motivation to avoid the complacency.

Rookie

User Info Menu

uuuuuhhhhggggg, we have resorted to looking for a savior- a savior without an NFL carry and one with 5 preseason carries.

No offense , but hard to pull for a guy to fit 'this offense'.

This offense is something I dont want to see anymore

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer's problem is leaving to many yards on the field so says tape breakdown by Depot. So Bell very well could have a nice day if he reads his holes better. I love that Dwyer played well in pass pro. But a RB needs to at least hit his holes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Reading holes is one of Bell's strengths. He was typically running through tiny cracks. The MSU OL was often overwhelmed by better DLs. He seems to fall forward, get two when there are none, and get 10 when there is 5. He finds ways to pick up yardage...and that is one of the many things I like about him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Reading holes is one of Bell's strengths. He was typically running through tiny cracks. The MSU OL was often overwhelmed by better DLs. He seems to fall forward, get two when there are none, and get 10 when there is 5. He finds ways to pick up yardage...and that is one of the many things I like about him.
    I hope you're right, because Big 10 backs haven't exactly lived up to expectations in the NFL. I hope Bell breaks the trend.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

nice stiff arm, I would love to see what Bell could do if he ever got any blocking...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

First Steelers rookie RB with 1000 yards from scrimmage since Bam Morris...and Franco Harris before him...

Here's hoping his career trajectory is closer to Franco than Bam...