Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Only Pittsburgh Steeler fans...

Legend

User Info Menu

The OL isn't great... but you guys have to agree that Ben can make a decent OL look like trash due to his style of play.

I'll never forget that game in Washington where we were on a 10 quarter TD drought and Ben wasn't practicing due to one of his many injuries. Lefty came in and marched us down the field in no time and stayed clean. OL looked completely different. Ben holds the ball... we all know this. It's not always the OL's fault.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    he's played behind a bad OL 8 of the last 10 years.... and he's defended them the last 10 years.
    Have you heard him defend this one like he has in the past? I haven't.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lol...i forgot about that. In chat.
    Dub is great at creating threads that put up great numbers but he is not to be trusted.

That guy would trade his first born and his 401K for a draft pick...

AJ McCarron folks.. go get AJ McCarron...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    give him time.. it's only week 3.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    In pre-season he said that this is the best Oline that he has had. He also called a meeting this week with his linemen (no link but they talked about it during the game) in which he reportedly told them "You guys are good. You are high draft picks. Know you are good and then go out and play like it" or something along those lines.

Legend

User Info Menu

The OL isn't great... but you guys have to agree that Ben can make a decent OL look like trash due to his style of play.
    He can also make a trash Oline look decent with his style of play. The knife cuts both ways on this one.

Also, I love the argument that always happens re: Ben:

Supporter: No other QB would be able to survive behind the Olines that Ben has played behind.

Anti: Sure they would. A smart QB like Manning would throw the ball away when that happens.

My question: How happy and successful would Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady et al be with throwing the ball away 10-15 times a game, every game??

Ben's style gives you much more when he is on, and much less when he is off. We saw much of both against Chicago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    In pre-season he said that this is the best Oline that he has had. He also called a meeting this week with his linemen (no link but they talked about it during the game) in which he reportedly told them "You guys are good. You are high draft picks. Know you are good and then go out and play like it" or something along those lines.
    Sounds to me like he told them you have pedigree but you are failing. Not a ringing endorsement...more of a rah rah talk.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll never forget that game in Washington where we were on a 10 quarter TD drought and Ben wasn't practicing due to one of his many injuries. Lefty came in and marched us down the field in no time and stayed clean. OL looked completely different. Ben holds the ball... we all know this. It's not always the OL's fault.
    This is a good point and something that just came up in a conversation I had yesterday. We were talking about how when Ben goes down and Batch or Lefty comes in, the line looks magically better all of a sudden. I wish there was a way we could mix Tommy Maddox's quick decision making with Ben's talent. That QB would be off the charts good in every circumstance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well... when you become a Steeler fan you will understand.

You already suggested putting Ben on the trading block for picks... pick a side.
    Really?? Is there a bigger Ben fan on this forum than me? But it should be understood that I am a bigger Steeler fan than I am a Ben Roethlisberger fan. Do you know the difference?

I want what is in the best interests of the Steelers first. Trading him in this next off-season, in my opinion, would be.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dub is great at creating threads that put up great numbers but he is not to be trusted.

That guy would trade his first born and his 401K for a draft pick...

AJ McCarron folks.. go get AJ McCarron...
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh but it's not just A.J. McCarron. It's also LT Jake Matthews, NT Louis Nix, and maybe a WR like Mike Evans.

Trading Ben could net all of that.

But do what do you felt....focus on the dumb sh%t.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash