Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Only Pittsburgh Steeler fans...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetSteelersNumber1Fan View Post
    Rooney's influence hired him. Tomlin had 3 guys in mind. Wilson, Caldwell, Hue Jackson.

Rooney wanted a coach to "get in Ben's face" because he was impressed that Bill O'Brien yelled at Tom Brady.

And Haley's connections didn't hurt.
    Link please

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I agree with Dee Dub. Ben has one eye downfield and the other eye watching his pathetic pass blocking. If Ben was playing behind a good line and playing bad then fans would have a beef. Unfortunately the average fan has no clue about football and what it's actually like to perform at this level.
    Ben played behind an All Pro line in 07 at the Pro bowl with a no blitz rule and was the only qb SACKED

NEXT EXCUSE???

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben is slow to process the information, hence all of the sacks (career). Again, You dont find it odd that an 11 year vet is not allowed to audible? Dont you find it odd that a rookie made all of the line calls (Pouncey). Worth noting I guarantee Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Eli, Ryan etc can all audible and I be willing to bet that they all make the line adjustments. Why are the Steelers picking on Ben??

How come?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Flip, i would agree with you if you said the same 3 years ago.
    Ben can't do the same things he used to do.
    He is older, slower and probably shell-shocked at this point.
    He can't carry this team on his shoulders any more, they are too heavy now
    He NEVER Carried this team. When was this?

Backup

User Info Menu

Super Bowl 45: The final drive made it only to our own 33 yard line! The 33! And you can make all the excuses ya want: the personal foul on the kick-off return, Mike Wallace not knowing where the hell to be, whatever. Ben looked completely inept and he's totally the reason the Steelers lost the game. If you look at how all the Steelers and Packers played that game, it's pretty much split down the middle. Except at the quarterback where Rodgers got **** done and Ben flat-out didn't.

Tebow Playoff Loss: Ike Taylor and Dick Lebeau take a lot of **** for that game but where was the offense? They had the ball at the end of regulation. But couldn't get in FG range. Heck, they couldn't even get a hail mary off right at the end. Ben, of course, got sacked. Blame him, blame the line, blame whoever.

Week 1 of 2012: Ben throws a pathetic pick-6 on an out route on the final drive to clinch it for the Broncos.

Week 15 of 2012: Ben gets picked in overtime to set up the Cowboys for a 22 yard game winning FG. He out Romoed Romo.

Week 16 of 2012: The Bengals score their only TD by getting a pick-6 early on. And then, Ben gets picked again on the final drive to get knocked out of playoff contention. Yep, a home loss to the BENGALS with the season on the line.

Last week: Down 10, Ben throws behind the receiver, it goes off his hands, and gets picked. Same old story.

Yesterday; Four turnovers, that resulted in 21 points (2 Tds and fumble led to Forte TD). Sorry Ben is not clutch anymore. Please name the last time he came through in the clutch. Was it the 500 game vs the Pack of 09????

Backup

User Info Menu

Id love to see a OC try to handcuff Peyton Manning. Laughable. I remember when Marino got Jimmy Johnson he was handcuffed but how come he didnt play like Ben? Because Marino was elite like Manning, thats why.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I want Ben to go. When his contract runs out. Absolutely. There is no way this team should spend big money on Roethlisberger again.

Backup

User Info Menu

I wish the Steelers would trade for Manning or Brady so you fools can see the problem isnt the line. Its Ben. Not all Ben but MOSTLY Ben. Funny the "BAD LINE" crap didnt start until Ben started playing. Maddox nor Kordell are any good and worse than Ben but they had time to throw? Worth noting, Maddox played behind the same line as Ben and not a peep of a "BAD LINE". So did Dixon, Lefwich and Batch in Ben's absence and the line never looked like it does for Ben. In fact Dixon passed 27 times vs the Ravens and wasnt sacked once. Batch threw over 30 times n 07 and wasnt sacked once vs the Ravens. How come Ben is the only one in 5, 6,7, 8 sack games?

In 08 Ben is sacked 8 times. Enter Leftwich and he leads us down the field beating Jimmy Johnsons blitz time after time. How about against the Skins and Ben plays the whole 1st half and is sacked galore. Ben gets hurt and Lefty (who sucks by the way. I'm critical of Ben but Ben does not suck) comes in for the 2nd half and the sack issue is miraculously gone as he hits Nate on a bomb and audibles to Tone for a TD.

More proof that the line problem is Ben and not on the line. Not totally absolving the line of any guilt but you guys want the line to play perfectly but dont hold #7 to the same standard. Sheer hypocrisy and bias

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Id love to see a OC try to handcuff Peyton Manning. Laughable. I remember when Marino got Jimmy Johnson he was handcuffed but how come he didnt play like Ben? Because Marino was elite like Manning, thats why.
    If Manning was a Steeler he'd be handcuffed. Tradition is more important than talent in the eyes of the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Ben played behind an All Pro line in 07 at the Pro bowl with a no blitz rule and was the only qb SACKED

NEXT EXCUSE???
    wow, you totally OWNED me on this one!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!