Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Only Pittsburgh Steeler fans...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Only Pittsburgh Steeler fans...

..would say these things about their QB. A man who has led their favorite team to two Super Bowl wins. Only Steeler fans ( not all but many), would say these horrible things about Ben and totally ignore or not understand the fact that he plays behind the worst O-line in football, has no running game, doesnt have any elite play makers, and has an offensive coordinator who never ever took one snap in all his life playing the game of football.

I really dont understand Steeler fans anymore. It looks as if Ben will be this years Mike Wallace to many Steeler fans. How sad.

I for one remember the days of Mark Malone (50.9% career passer), Bubby Brister (54.6% career passer), Neil O'Donnell (57.8% career passer), Mike Tomczak (53.9% career passer), Kent Graham (50.8% career passer), Kordell Stewart (55.8% career passer), and Tommy Maddox (57.2% career passer).

I suspect in 10-20 years there will be many who look back and say Ben was a lot better than what they had given him credit for.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember the days when Ben played better. He's made plenty of chicken salad out of chicken sh!t before. Not sure why he can't now. I think it's fair to say Ben's playing sub par right now. I don't see that as taking any credit away from how good he is. But he's clearly in a funk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I remember the days when Ben played better. He's made plenty of chicken salad out of chicken sh!t before. Not sure why he can't now. I think it's fair to say Ben's playing sub par right now. I don't see that as taking any credit away from how good he is. But he's clearly in a funk.
    flip you are just what I was talking about. How you can ignore the facts I posted above are mind boggling. This is by far the worst O-line in all of football. There is no running game what so ever. Take away last night,, Antonio Brown had 7 TD receptions in 40 games played. Emmanuel Sanders? 5 TD receptions in 43 games. Ben's best and most reliable receiver (Heath Miller), played his first game last night.

But hey...one day I'm sure you'll get it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not even in the Big Apple are Giant fans saying these things about Eli Manning today.

Only Steeler fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh, stop.

Most of us don't want Ben to go. I certainly don't. I recognize he has a cruddy OL. The running game has been bad (a bit better this past game, but strikes fear in the heart of no one). His OC, with his haphazard play-calling, and some ill-advised schemes, has done a poor job of helping Ben succeed. His head coach, who is supposed to help keep his team disciplined, focused, and prepared, can't seem to do much to help with any of those things. We could go on and on. But in spite of all these problems, I don't see how it's best to start making excuses for any player--even if he is a franchise QB.

Most of us love Ben. We just don't think it's asking too much to expect your $100 million quarterback to take better care of the ball.

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben flat out sucked last night. He was a turnover machine. Hes the best QB in franchise history if you ask me. That dosent change that fact that he absolutely sucked last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

I love Ben, always have always will.
    He is playing some really bad football right now. He's playing very careless with the football,making some very poor decisions and his accuracy isn't what it used to be.
    Is he 100% to blame?
    Hell no. He is playing behind the worst O-line in football.
    The musical chairs at RB contributes heavily also.
    The fact Paulson isn't an NFL TE plays a factor up to this point too.
    AB is a playmaker whether you choose to believe it or not. He is a different type of playmaker and really shines when he is used that way.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Love Ben.

Hate the way he's played these last two games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    flip you are just what I was talking about. How you can ignore the facts I posted above are mind boggling. This is by far the worst O-line in all of football. There is no running game what so ever. Take away last night,, Antonio Brown had 7 TD receptions in 40 games played. Emmanuel Sanders? 5 TD receptions in 43 games. Ben's best and most reliable receiver (Heath Miller), played his first game last night.

But hey...one day I'm sure you'll get it.
    Guess I think more highly of Ben than you because I think he's capable of overcoming every last deficiency you've laid out.

Ben's play can make the line look better, the running game look better, the receivers look better, and the play calling look better. Look at it this way. Has he ever had a solid OLine? Have we ever had an elite running game? Have we ever given him elite weapons? Has the play calling ever helped him? I think you could honestly answer no to most of those with few exceptions. And Ben has overcome. He's awesome. That's what he does and why he's a way better player than his stats could ever describe. He's the one QB I've seen repeatedly make something out of nothing.

But he's playing bad right now. It is what it is. If Ben plays to the level he's capable, this is a winning ball club. I always expect him to make plays no matter the circumstances. I also think he does too which is why you always hear him take accountability for his own play. I really don't think I have a different expectation of Ben than he has of himself.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..would say these things about their QB. A man who has led their favorite team to two Super Bowl wins. Only Steeler fans ( not all but many), would say these horrible things about Ben
    Here ya go:

[URL]http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?35122-Eli-not-Elite[/URL]

It is not ALL his fault, but you cant win turning the ball over that much.
    Most fans are happy that Ben is our QB and know the team has plenty of other issues.

But Ben played poorly, thats the truth. He would be the first to tell you that.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher