Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Only Pittsburgh Steeler fans...

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The OL isn't great... but you guys have to agree that Ben can make a decent OL look like trash due to his style of play.

I'll never forget that game in Washington where we were on a 10 quarter TD drought and Ben wasn't practicing due to one of his many injuries. Lefty came in and marched us down the field in no time and stayed clean. OL looked completely different. Ben holds the ball... we all know this. It's not always the OL's fault.
    I refrenced this game yesterday. The Oline sucks is an EXCUSE. Its not the line it is Ben. Lefties 1st play was a bomb to Nate. Got down inside the 5. Lefty then audibles (After noticing the cb playing soft on Tone) and hits him for a short TD. Ben played the 1st half and was sacked 3 or 4 times and looked horrible. Lefty starts the second half and PRESTO!!! The Line problem was gone. Why? Because Lefty stays in the pocket and the lineman know exactly where he is. Ben runs around and leaves the pocket prematurely and its HARD to block for a guy when the D can see him and you dont know where he is. Same exact thing happened in the Philly game same year. Ben sacked 8 times Lefty comes in and stays in the pocket and drives us down the field while beating the blitz time and time again.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200811...ecap=quicktake

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    In pre-season he said that this is the best Oline that he has had. He also called a meeting this week with his linemen (no link but they talked about it during the game) in which he reportedly told them "You guys are good. You are high draft picks. Know you are good and then go out and play like it" or something along those lines.
    He said GET SOME DAWG IN YOU. He should have told that to himself

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    this is a good point and something that just came up in a conversation i had yesterday. We were talking about how when ben goes down and batch or lefty comes in, the line looks magically better all of a sudden. I wish there was a way we could mix tommy maddox's quick decision making with ben's talent. That qb would be off the charts good in every circumstance.
    agree agree agree

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Really?? Is there a bigger Ben fan on this forum than me? But it should be understood that I am a bigger Steeler fan than I am a Ben Roethlisberger fan. Do you know the difference?

I want what is in the best interests of the Steelers first. Trading him in this next off-season, in my opinion, would be.
    HERE HERE TO THE STEELER FANS. I think the Ben fans dwarf the STEELER fans. I dont want to trade Ben but If I could get a young cerebral qb like Russell Wilson, Luck or that guy in Bama. ID DO IT.

Bens best days are gone.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No doubt he can make a bad OL look good with miracle plays... but then again, that doesn't make them look good, that makes HIM look good.

Brady, Brees and Manning wouldn't pat these guys on the back. They would "flame" them in public and called cry babies by other teams fans while the FO listens to them and fixes the OL.
    Brady, brees and Manning are CEREBRAL. They make a Oline look great. How did Mannings GREAT line look w/o him? HORRIBLE. How did Bradys look without Him? HORRIBLE. Cassel was sacked 46 times. How come Brady isnt sacked that much? Go ahead and mention the 11-5 season w/o Brady. Missed the playoffs. Failure. How was the Saints line with Brooks and Bauman prior to Brees? Sacked over 40 times. Brees comes in the next year and is sacked in the TEENS.

ITS THE QUARTERBACK GUYS. SIGH

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    How many times was Bradshaw booed or even benched? The fact is, all great ones have their low points. Ben will be fine.
    Bradshaw was booed early because he played poorly. Have you seen his stats?????? However, he grew as a Player due to being COACHABLE. He listened to Noll and the light came on and Terry was money in Big games. He habitually beat 70's powerhouses like Minnesota, Dallas, Oakland and Miami. Now look at Ben's stats vs elite teams and tell me what you find. It aint good I have EVERY game of his career vs a good team and his stats SUCK.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I know I will get ripped for saying it and maybe I am overthinking things, but a case can be made the Offensive problems are on Roethlisberger. Consider his best statistical season in yds/gm came in 2009 (288 ). He also happened to have been sacked a career high 50 times! So it seems he is at his best when he holds the ball too long. Coaches are trying to change his game to extend his career and perhaps even help the young OL by forcing quick throws. Unfortunately, Roethlisberger is either unwilling or unable to change his game like he is being asked to do. Although, as it has been pointed out adnausem, many times it seems there is a jailbreak coming through.
    Good for Ben BUT the STEELERS missed the playoffs in 09, He is UNWILLING

I ONLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY ONE WAY COACH

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    In a way it's like we're trying to Kordell Stewart him. Kordell was great with Chan and then we tried for many seasons to make him into something he wasn't and failed miserably in the process. At that time, Kordell was as unique a QB as Ben is today. I also see a lot of similarities in the creativity and open thinking of Chan and BA. In both cases, the QBs/OCs are very different but very much the same.
    BEN is 10 times Better than Kordell. He SUCKED.

ALWAYS

8 straight posts.

take break man

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    8 straight posts.

take break man
    Some OCD going on above you there, Eddie.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS