Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Only Pittsburgh Steeler fans...

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    If Manning was a Steeler he'd be handcuffed. Tradition is more important than talent in the eyes of the Steelers.
    So the Steelers didnt handcuff Tammy Maddox but they will handcuff Manning? They handcuff Ben because it protects him. The guy isnt that bright.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    wow, you totally OWNED me on this one!!
    You guys have more excuses for Bens average play. Ben is inconsistent. Always has been. When is the last time Ben has played well on Natl TV? This includes playoff games. When has Ben put together 4 elite game in a row, in his career. If you need to know what elite stas are then please view Mannings from last night. How come Ben hasnt had 4 of these games in a row in his whole career? How come? Because Ben is inonsistent. I know its the line, Arians, Haley, Tomlin............

Ben has been playing very poorly. I won't allow two SB wins to cloud my judgement of his current play. He is currently...not good...not good at all. I won't blame the OL, or the WRs. Ben is missing open guys. He isn't protecting the ball. He has never had a good OL and made things happen. He isn't playing like we know he can play.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ben has been playing very poorly. I won't allow two SB wins to cloud my judgement of his current play. He is currently...not good...not good at all. I won't blame the OL, or the WRs. Ben is missing open guys. He isn't protecting the ball. He has never had a good OL and made things happen. He isn't playing like we know he can play.
    Ben is playing behind the most inexperienced and by far the worst performing OL he has ever played behind in his career. Not saying the OL doesn't have some talent and potential but actual performance has been horrible. To discount that is to suspend reality.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Again, I would disagree about underperforming. We have had some really bad OL's, and Ben always made lemonade out of lemons. Something is different with Ben.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..would say these things about their QB. A man who has led their favorite team to two Super Bowl wins. Only Steeler fans ( not all but many), would say these horrible things about Ben and totally ignore or not understand the fact that he plays behind the worst O-line in football, has no running game, doesnt have any elite play makers, and has an offensive coordinator who never ever took one snap in all his life playing the game of football.

I really dont understand Steeler fans anymore. It looks as if Ben will be this years Mike Wallace to many Steeler fans. How sad.

I for one remember the days of Mark Malone (50.9% career passer), Bubby Brister (54.6% career passer), Neil O'Donnell (57.8% career passer), Mike Tomczak (53.9% career passer), Kent Graham (50.8% career passer), Kordell Stewart (55.8% career passer), and Tommy Maddox (57.2% career passer).

I suspect in 10-20 years there will be many who look back and say Ben was a lot better than what they had given him credit for.
    well... when you become a Steeler fan you will understand.

You already suggested putting Ben on the trading block for picks... pick a side.

I'm certainly not dumb enough to believe that we somehow have managed to have the worst OL in the league, every year. That is non-sense! That's what the ben fans want you to believe. The other BIG LIE is that the offensive coordinators (Arians, Haley) and their playcalling have been responsible for Ben's demise, and hiring another OC is going to come in here and make things better. LOL! The other lie ben fan likes to drop on you, is Ben has never had any good weapons. (Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Manny Sanders, Heath Miller, Hines Ward, Nate Washington, Santonio Holmes, Randle El, Plaxico Burress). Those look like pretty good weapons to me.

Did y'all watch Peyton Manning last night? Now that is an ELITE QB. His OL sure didn't look all that great to me, lost their best O-lineman (Clady) guys pressuring him. NO PROBLEM!! Pick 6 Ben would have been sacked 10 times behind that OL last night. Anybody who tries to mentions Ben in the same breath as far as being as good or better than Peyton Manning should be banned from this board, going forward. One looks like a master of his profession, who takes his job seriously, and the other looks like (as one poster use to say) he's playing a pick up game at a frat party.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Only a complete narcissist would think that every single person who has a different opinion or perspective than their own is, not only wrong, but doesn't understand the game, and is too stupid to be a fan. That they are somehow the lone oasis in a desert of clueless fans. It's exhausting.

It's a real shame too b/c I truly believe you have a lot of good insights you could impart to the board but you willfully choose to be a condescending jack-a$$ instead. Give it a rest already.
    He is a fan.. of himself and college football.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I agree with Dee Dub. Ben has one eye downfield and the other eye watching his pathetic pass blocking. If Ben was playing behind a good line and playing bad then fans would have a beef. Unfortunately the average fan has no clue about football and what it's actually like to perform at this level.
    he's played behind a bad OL 8 of the last 10 years.... and he's defended them the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well... when you become a Steeler fan you will understand.

You already suggested putting Ben on the trading block for picks... pick a side.
    lol...i forgot about that. In chat.