Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: Only Pittsburgh Steeler fans...

  1. #21
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,152
    Only a complete narcissist would think that every single person who has a different opinion or perspective than their own is, not only wrong, but doesn't understand the game, and is too stupid to be a fan. That they are somehow the lone oasis in a desert of clueless fans. It's exhausting.

    It's a real shame too b/c I truly believe you have a lot of good insights you could impart to the board but you willfully choose to be a condescending jack-a$$ instead. Give it a rest already.

  2. #22
    When Ben AND Tomlin leave? Then maybe people will see where the problems are.

    If Tomlin wants to fire Haley and isn't permitted? He'll walk.

    And Ben will go right with him.

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetSteelersNumber1Fan View Post
    When Ben AND Tomlin leave? Then maybe people will see where the problems are.

    If Tomlin wants to fire Haley and isn't permitted? He'll walk.

    And Ben will go right with him.
    So by your own logic, Haley was Tomlin's hire, correct? Otherwise he would have walked when upper management forced a coach on him that he didn't want. If he wouldn't put up with it after the fact , he certainly wouldn't put up with it before either.

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Only a complete narcissist would think that every single person who has a different opinion or perspective than their own is, not only wrong, but doesn't understand the game, and is too stupid to be a fan. That they are somehow the lone oasis in a desert of clueless fans. It's exhausting.
    It becomes less annoying when you realize it's funny.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So by your own logic, Haley was Tomlin's hire, correct? Otherwise he would have walked when upper management forced a coach on him that he didn't want. If he wouldn't put up with it after the fact , he certainly wouldn't put up with it before either.
    Rooney's influence hired him. Tomlin had 3 guys in mind. Wilson, Caldwell, Hue Jackson.

    Rooney wanted a coach to "get in Ben's face" because he was impressed that Bill O'Brien yelled at Tom Brady.

    And Haley's connections didn't hurt.

  6. #26
    Backup Notleadpoisoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NotPittsburgh
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Only a complete narcissist would think that every single person who has a different opinion or perspective than their own is, not only wrong, but doesn't understand the game, and is too stupid to be a fan.
    Replace the word "narcissist" with "Yinzer" and your point will be well taken.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,616
    I agree with Dee Dub. Ben has one eye downfield and the other eye watching his pathetic pass blocking. If Ben was playing behind a good line and playing bad then fans would have a beef. Unfortunately the average fan has no clue about football and what it's actually like to perform at this level.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I agree with Dee Dub. Ben has one eye downfield and the other eye watching his pathetic pass blocking. If Ben was playing behind a good line and playing bad then fans would have a beef. Unfortunately the average fan has no clue about football and what it's actually like to perform at this level.
    That doesn't absolve him from being accountable himself, just like every lineman that you are blaming.

    Ben has a role in protecting the ball, adjusting his game behind a sieve-like o-line. He has a role of minimizing mistakes and maximizing opportunities (in this case, take what the defense gives him), accounting for his own defense that cannot produce its own turnovers.

    He is the driver of the ship (as the QB), and you (and Dee Dub) want to wash his hands of the mess of an offense that we see? That makes no sense.

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,152
    So when Dulac of the Post Gazette graded the game and gave Ben a D, he didn't know what he was talking about? He's just some fan boy....

    Anyone who didn't see Ben play poorly is an ostrich with their head in the sand.

    And that doesn't mean I don't think he's the greatest QB this team has had in decades. He is. But it also doesn't mean crap play isn't crap play.

  10. #30
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..would say these things about their QB. A man who has led their favorite team to two Super Bowl wins. Only Steeler fans ( not all but many), would say these horrible things about Ben and totally ignore or not understand the fact that he plays behind the worst O-line in football, has no running game, doesnt have any elite play makers, and has an offensive coordinator who never ever took one snap in all his life playing the game of football.

    I really dont understand Steeler fans anymore. It looks as if Ben will be this years Mike Wallace to many Steeler fans. How sad.

    I for one remember the days of Mark Malone (50.9% career passer), Bubby Brister (54.6% career passer), Neil O'Donnell (57.8% career passer), Mike Tomczak (53.9% career passer), Kent Graham (50.8% career passer), Kordell Stewart (55.8% career passer), and Tommy Maddox (57.2% career passer).

    I suspect in 10-20 years there will be many who look back and say Ben was a lot better than what they had given him credit for.
    Manning LEADS the Broncos. Brady LEADS the pats. Brees LEADS the Saints. Do you notice when they play poorly (qbs) their teams get blown out?
    Ben can play poorly and we are still in the game. Thats the difference between a ONE MANNED team (aformentioned teams) and a TEAM. Our Defense LEADS us. Thats why Ben can play like *ss and we are still in the game. Like last night. Like in ever SB Ben has played in. Like the Viking game in Favres last season. Like the Cowboy game where Deshae ran back the winning int (D created 5 turnovers). Sorry, If Ben LEAD us then we would go as he goes. Sorry we go as the DEFENSE GOES. When the defense sucks and Ben puts up Monster stats we miss the playoffs (09). When the Defense is up to snuff we make the playoffs. Pro Bowlers and All Pro players are on the Defense (Polamalu and Harrison when he was here). Where are the ALL PROS on offense??

    Ben sure has never been one. Its not sad... what is said is TRUE.

    So we should lie out of loyalty to Ben? Then why not lie when Heath fumbles? Hines holds out? Mendenhall fumbles? Ike gets a penalty? AB drops a pass? How come no other Steeler is afforded this kind of loyalty??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •