Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Man up - use 1 ip address dude, make your points with quality...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Some personalities are easy targets. Crash's is one of them. He is opinionated and comes off as a know it all. He doesn't always respond positively to social cues. Doesn't mean he doesn't bring legit conversation to the table.
    I don't think anyone cares about him being abrasive or lacking social skills. He is what he is and we've all got our own issues. So be it. I suspect what drive people nuts is when he brings up the same point and pollutes every single thread with that point over and over and over. It's like he becomes a bit of a c@ck block to a lot of good discussions. And every thread he's involved in ends up digressing to the same thing. And at that point a good topic often goes bad. And a lot of folks don't want to read this garbage. So it pushes away a lot of potential good posters. And I think that's the real trade off that the admins have to decide - Keeping Crash vs Keeping a Larger Number of Quality Posters Engaged in discussion.

Personally, I wouldn't ban him. He clearly loves this board, evidenced by the 5000 user names he's created this month. And it might be one of the only things in his life that brings him joy. What if he went off the rails without this board? I say let him have his fun and encourage him to be better. Crash has every opportunity to be a little better today than he was yesterday. We all have choices to make. Blessed are those that make the heroic ones.

PS. I've never been banned from a board. I'm not sure I've got it in me to even know how to even go about it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Sorry Shawn. Im just not buying it. The problem isnt with Poster A vs Crash, Poster B vs Crash, or Poster C vs Crash. Whats the common denominator? Its always Crash. So everyone else is so posed to tiptoe around this guy while he says whatever he wants?

Im not going to argue with you here. Im not changing your mind, and you sure aren't doing anything to change mine. I stated my opinion and it is what it is. Ill leave it at that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who started this talk about banning, that is a straw man red herring off topic thing if I ever saw one. The OP was asking the guy to use one ip like the rest of us. Part of the enjoyment of a message board is learning to appreciate the various personalities. If someone is spreading their posts across multiple usernames/ip's, it makes it harder to do that.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Who started this talk about banning, that is a straw man red herring off topic thing if I ever saw one. The OP was asking the guy to use one ip like the rest of us. Part of the enjoyment of a message board is learning to appreciate the various personalities. If someone is spreading their posts across multiple usernames/ip's, it makes it harder to do that.
    Sorry, I think it got off topic. I agree with what you are saying. I'm fairly sure many of these names are not all Crash. Crash loves Ben...the newest guy is a Ben hater. Hard to convince me that is Crash. I like the idea of letting Crash be Crash here...and us using it as an opportunity to learn how to engage with respect or not engage at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't think anyone cares about him being abrasive or lacking social skills. He is what he is and we've all got our own issues. So be it. I suspect what drive people nuts is when he brings up the same point and pollutes every single thread with that point over and over and over. It's like he becomes a bit of a c@ck block to a lot of good discussions. And every thread he's involved in ends up digressing to the same thing. And at that point a good topic often goes bad. And a lot of folks don't want to read this garbage. So it pushes away a lot of potential good posters. And I think that's the real trade off that the admins have to decide - Keeping Crash vs Keeping a Larger Number of Quality Posters Engaged in discussion.

Personally, I wouldn't ban him. He clearly loves this board, evidenced by the 5000 user names he's created this month. And it might be one of the only things in his life that brings him joy. What if he went off the rails without this board? I say let him have his fun and encourage him to be better. Crash has every opportunity to be a little better today than he was yesterday. We all have choices to make. Blessed are those that make the heroic ones.

PS. I've never been banned from a board. I'm not sure I've got it in me to even know how to even go about it.
    I would so ban you if I had the power to do so. Your positivity and that creepy clown are reason enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would like to point out that I believe our suckiness this year is the lack of the Clown pic in the Flippy sig until now. I believe it's inevitable that we go 13-3 now that Mr. Demento Clown has returned. GO STEELERS!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

O, I never understood insulting a poster...then running to the mod and complaing about said poster. I know it happens, because I used to have to deal with with it from the moderator end. There will be parties who will "unite the troups" and pressure administration to ban certain posters. The problem isn't these posters...it's us. It's how we engage with people we don't like or who rub us wrong.
    You weren't suppose to know how often I complained about you! Who squealed?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I would so ban you if I had the power to do so. Your positivity and that creepy clown are reason enough.
    Thanks Shawn I always knew you had a soft spot for me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You weren't suppose to know how often I complained about you! Who squealed?
    I have my sources.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I would like to point out that I believe our suckiness this year is the lack of the Clown pic in the Flippy sig until now. I believe it's inevitable that we go 13-3 now that Mr. Demento Clown has returned. GO STEELERS!
    You may have a point. It's ALL Flippys fault. One more reason to ban him.