Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Man up - use 1 ip address dude, make your points with quality...

  1. #21
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    The guy absolutely destroyed the Trib board. He has been banned on every single forum hes ever been on. Look at what hes doing now with the multiple screen names. While it might be entertaini g to some of you its disrespectful as hell to the mods here and the people that keep this site afloat.

    If he were reinstated he would be rebanned within a month. If you let Crash back in your crazy.
    You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him lmao.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Sheila Pantywaists??

    That's a new one.

    Bloody poofs is more in keeping though.

    Come on now SAS, we've all seen the bikini shoot you were in..
    Ouch!!

    SASF supports Mr. Chadman's right to frequent any and all websites of his choice. In the spirit of fair disclosure though, SASF must admit that the guy in a bikini on Mr. Chadman's bookmarked site must be someone else! GO STEELERS!
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 09-24-2013 at 09:23 AM.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I agree , I personally like Crash discussing the team if you don't agree with what he says don't follow or better yet just block him as a poster. He don't ruin it for everybody personally speaking.
    Crash is the least of the problems. He is opinionated and brash but he can at least articulate an intelligent thought.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    The guy absolutely destroyed the Trib board. He has been banned on every single forum hes ever been on. Look at what hes doing now with the multiple screen names. While it might be entertaini g to some of you its disrespectful as hell to the mods here and the people that keep this site afloat.

    If he were reinstated he would be rebanned within a month. If you let Crash back in your crazy.
    I would wholeheartedly disagree with you. Crash didn't destroy the Trib board, please don't give him that much credit. The Trib went down due to financial/streamlining concerns of the paper.

    The way I see it is this...we are men and should be able to discuss things as men. If you don't like a particular poster don't read his posts or respond. With that said, there are people who come here for obvious trolling who go unchecked for months. They are not here to have a reasonable conversation, but to be ignorant for their own entertainment. It's easy to spot. But, they linger around here like the plague.

    Two guys who should have never been banned are Crash and Smartmonies. Yes, both seemed to be at the center of many disputes but I believe it always takes two to tango. Many quality posters here seemed to like to lock horns with them then complain about them. Never understood that.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would wholeheartedly disagree with you. Crash didn't destroy the Trib board, please don't give him that much credit. The Trib went down due to financial/streamlining concerns of the paper.

    The way I see it is this...we are men and should be able to discuss things as men. If you don't like a particular poster don't read his posts or respond. With that said, there are people who come here for obvious trolling who go unchecked for months. They are not here to have a reasonable conversation, but to be ignorant for their own entertainment. It's easy to spot. But, they linger around here like the plague.

    Two guys who should have never been banned are Crash and Smartmonies. Yes, both seemed to be at the center of many disputes but I believe it always takes two to tango. Many quality posters here seemed to like to lock horns with them then complain about them. Never understood that.
    Couldnt disagree with you more. The Trib board did not close do to fiscal concerns. The Trib boards closed do to the forums being a constant embarrassment to Trib Total Media. That board was full of flame wars and inappropriate comments, threads, posts, etc. It got to the point where what was set up to be a fun way for fans to interact was creating a black eye for the corporation. There was no way to police those boards without hiring staff, and that was something TTM was not willing to do. Do you have any idea how many complaint emails, and even calls TTM got about those boards? The only way to end the madness, was to end the madness. Crash was at the center of all of it.

    MSM was a different story. While his style wore thin on some, he was at least "adult" about the way he interacted with others. Crash on the other hand has indeed been banned from every single Steeler board he has ever been on. There is a reason for that. As some one who has taken part in this board and others hes been banned from, Im frankly tired of it. ITS BEEN OVER 10 YEARS NOW OF THE SAME GARBAGE. At what point do you eliminate the cancer? He posts leading threads to needle anyone he can into an argument. Then when he gets his chance to argue the argument quickly turns into childish beat your head against the wall nonsense.

    It may take two to tango, but when one constantly hits his partner over the head and drags him to the dance floor, somebody needs to do something about it.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Couldnt disagree with you more. The Trib board did not close do to fiscal concerns. The Trib boards closed do to the forums being a constant embarrassment to Trib Total Media. That board was full of flame wars and inappropriate comments, threads, posts, etc. It got to the point where what was set up to be a fun way for fans to interact was creating a black eye for the corporation. There was no way to police those boards without hiring staff, and that was something TTM was not willing to do. Do you have any idea how many complaint emails, and even calls TTM got about those boards? The only way to end the madness, was to end the madness. Crash was at the center of all of it.

    MSM was a different story. While his style wore thin on some, he was at least "adult" about the way he interacted with others. Crash on the other hand has indeed been banned from every single Steeler board he has ever been on. There is a reason for that. As some one who has taken part in this board and others hes been banned from, Im frankly tired of it. ITS BEEN OVER 10 YEARS NOW OF THE SAME GARBAGE. At what point do you eliminate the cancer? He posts leading threads to needle anyone he can into an argument. Then when he gets his chance to argue the argument quickly turns into childish beat your head against the wall nonsense.

    It may take two to tango, but when one constantly hits his partner over the head and drags him to the dance floor, somebody needs to do something about it.
    Not sure where you got your information. Unless you work for the paper, I will have to call your information speculation. To say the Trib couldn't just ban Crash instead of shutting down the message boards seems reactive and over the top. This sounds more personal than anything else.

    I have been banned from multiple boards myself (sometimes for valid reasons other times not so much), including this one (and I am a founding member of this community). I'm at least a guy who tries to be a quality poster. Message boards are fickle, people get abrasive and brave over the internet...political nonsense and plain douchebaggery effect who stays and who goes. So being banned from multiple message boards means little to me. That isn't evidence that Crash shouldn't be allowed to post. Some personalities are easy targets. Crash's is one of them. He is opinionated and comes off as a know it all. He doesn't always respond positively to social cues. Doesn't mean he doesn't bring legit conversation to the table. I enjoy debating him, he challenges me to think. As long as people can keep it from getting personal, rules are applied uniformly, then I see no reason he shouldn't have another shot here.


    PS-I'm about to start the "bring smartmonies back petition". Talk about a quality poster who got shafted due to some posters being sensitive. Guys...start acting like guys.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not sure where you got your information. Unless you work for the paper, I will have to call your information speculation. To say the Trib couldn't just ban Crash instead of shutting down the message boards seems reactive and over the top. This sounds more personal than anything else.

    I have been banned from multiple boards myself (sometimes for valid reasons other times not so much), including this one (and I am a founding member of this community). I'm at least a guy who tries to be a quality poster. Message boards are fickle, people get abrasive and brave over the internet...political nonsense and plain douchebaggery effect who stays and who goes. So being banned from multiple message boards means little to me. That isn't evidence that Crash shouldn't be allowed to post. Some personalities are easy targets. Crash's is one of them. He is opinionated and comes off as a know it all. He doesn't always respond positively to social cues. Doesn't mean he doesn't bring legit conversation to the table. I enjoy debating him, he challenges me to think. As long as people can keep it from getting personal, rules are applied uniformly, then I see no reason he shouldn't have another shot here.


    PS-I'm about to start the "bring smartmonies back petition". Talk about a quality poster who got shafted due to some posters being sensitive. Guys...start acting like guys.
    Im not going to get into how I know what I know. Lets just say my thoughts on the Trib Board are no more speculation than yours are and leave it at that.

    I disagree with your whole second paragraph. If you keep getting thrown out of places, and cant figure out how to interact with others properly, then thats a problem. We have places for people like that in real life society. They are called prisons.

    Im with you on the MSM thing. Comparing him to Crash is unfair to MSM IMHO.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Im not going to get into how I know what I know. Lets just say my thoughts on the Trib Board are no more speculation than yours are and leave it at that.

    I disagree with your whole second paragraph. If you keep getting thrown out of places, and cant figure out how to interact with others properly, then thats a problem. We have places for people like that in real life society. They are called prisons.

    Im with you on the MSM thing. Comparing him to Crash is unfair to MSM IMHO.
    Actually MSM and Crash have very similar posting styles. Both fairly intelligent, know some football, but due to their style of posting they attract negative attention. Take for instance, the post going on right now that has quality posters talking about incestuous interactions with parents because they don't like someones posting style.

    That is the real problem here. We are pointing at Crash, yet won't look at our interactions with Crash. We ban MSM, yet I seen good posters go bad because they couldn't handle his style of disagreement. The problem isn't with guys like MSM and Crash. It's with anyone we don't like. When that happens, it becomes a free for all, and the there is much douchbaggery to go around.

    Why don't I have issues with either of these posters? Because I don't take any of it personally. It's just a message board. If I allow them to effect my ability to put together a well thought out post instead of insults, then that is on me...not them.

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would wholeheartedly disagree with you. Crash didn't destroy the Trib board, please don't give him that much credit. The Trib went down due to financial/streamlining concerns of the paper.

    The way I see it is this...we are men and should be able to discuss things as men. If you don't like a particular poster don't read his posts or respond. With that said, there are people who come here for obvious trolling who go unchecked for months. They are not here to have a reasonable conversation, but to be ignorant for their own entertainment. It's easy to spot. But, they linger around here like the plague.

    Two guys who should have never been banned are Crash and Smartmonies. Yes, both seemed to be at the center of many disputes but I believe it always takes two to tango. Many quality posters here seemed to like to lock horns with them then complain about them. Never understood that.
    Shawn--I agree 100%. If a poster annoys you with their bad behavior then "Ignore" them. The problem is we have poster who can't control themselves in responding
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #30
    O, I never understood insulting a poster...then running to the mod and complaing about said poster. I know it happens, because I used to have to deal with with it from the moderator end. There will be parties who will "unite the troups" and pressure administration to ban certain posters. The problem isn't these posters...it's us. It's how we engage with people we don't like or who rub us wrong.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •