Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All I Can Do Is Laugh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OffensiveSwine View Post
    Randy Fichtner has earned the chance to be the OC here. He's paid his dues as the WR coach, and the QB Coach.
    So, because someone "pays his dues" he is entitled to promotion? Many pay their dues, few get promoted. Promotion involves proving yourself. I have seen nothing from his work that say, wow this is a terrific coach. Who has he coached up?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    I'm still completely stuck on that whole "the standard is the standard" thing. I have no idea what that means anymore or if it ever really did mean anything. Kind of like saying "it's better to burn out than to fade away." Not a freaking clue.
    This is the most irritating thing about Tomlin. I'm so sick of hearing his sound bites... every one of them has some cliche straight from the "leader", "head coach" handbook. He needs to STFU and give Bill Belichick answers, or give answers like loose cannon type (loser) coaches (Mora, Herm Edwards, Singletary).

These fn cliches make me not listen to his $h!t even more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately this season, we've been living up to the Cleveland standard, but we couldn't even achieve that last night.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He needs to STFU and give Bill Belichick answers
    One of the best parts of rooting for a team with Belichick as coach are the post-game press conferences. Today's was a good example:

Q: Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, Gronkowski?
    A: He was inactive.

Q: But what about probe, probe, probe Gronkowski?

Q: Do you think babble babble babble Gronkowski repeat myself?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well said Flippy. Probably the best post I've read on here in quite a while....

Just like Emperor I Chuck Noll once said.... It's never as bad as you think it is, nor is it as good as you think it is.......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

If the standard is the standard I think we need to raise the bar ............................................alot

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Standard is the Standard...................

gifted.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Awesome friggin' post Flip. Any Steelers beat writer could only hope to pen such an articulate and thought-provoking perspective. Bravo.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great post. Enjoyed it. And btw on your signiture. If u save the photo to ur computer ,by right clicking it and then clicking save, you can then go to your profile and click on edit signiture. Then u can upload it to show the picture rather than just the link. That's how I got mine. I photoshopped all those emblems to one picture and saved it and uploaded it.
    Last edited by AzStillers1989; 09-24-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy is mad. Insane. Crazy.

Anyone that refers to Tomlin as Pudding in all his posts, as this exception to the rule proves, is obviously a nut.

Besides, Mora has it right. Diddley-poo.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE