Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Delusional Optimists" Post Game Break Down

Legend

User Info Menu

The "Delusional Optimists" Post Game Break Down

First, I want to say I enjoyed the chat. I appreciate those who tolerated my always upbeat and insightful comments about the Steelers during the game

First, I want to give credit where credit is due. I'm not an Antonio Brown fan, but wow was that a game. He played with attitude, and boy does this team need more of that.

The Good

1) Woodley is the best I have seen him, maybe ever. He was crushing the pocket all night long.
    2) Dwyer is the best back on this team right now. He played well.
    3) I have held the stance that Brown isn't a true #1. But, if he keeps playing like he did last night he may change my mind. I must believe Miller took a bit of pressure off of Brown, and allowed him more opportunities.
    4) Our new Center (too lazy to look up the spelling of his name) is the best OLman on this team. What a terrific pick up.
    5) The DLine as a whole played well, Hood, Heyward, Keisel and McClendon all were playing well. I'm not sure they are as consistent as they need to be but there is some potential with that group.
    6) The Shark covered that WR as well as he could on that TD catch. I think he is going to be special.
    7) Miller looked really good out there.
    Our O actually looked like it had some life.
    9) Coaching seemed better last night.

The Bad

1) I realize the OL is really bad, and it's messing up Ben's footwork and all of that (like Ben has ever needed good footwork to throw a great ball). But, Ben is inconsistent and sloppy. He single handedly lost the game last night.
    2) I heard it said in chat last night, "Sanders leads the league in deep balls almost caught".
    3) Adams got abused all night long.
    4) DD struggles at times in the phone booth. Is he strong enough to handle the tougher DT's?

While the Steelers showed a bit of heart at times last night, they have lost their swag. We need true leaders to step up...and Ray Ray some life into these guys.

New Prediction 7-9

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You forgot to add Ben in the Bad, and many people hate David J. But he could have been added in the Good.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Props to Woodley, Troy, AB, and Ike. But I'm gonna have to disagree on the DLine which I still think is a problem. Woodley was a beast last night and every time he got around the edge, Cutler had a huge pocket to step up into to avoid the pressure. The Dline either has to collapse the pocket so Cutler has nowhere to go or they should be getting thru the gaps to make the sack themselves when Woodley pushes Cutler forward.

In addition to the line improving, I think JJ needs to develop as a pass rusher for this D to be great. I'm hopeful, but there's a lot of improvement that needs to happen in the front 7.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    You forgot to add Ben in the Bad, and many people hate David J. But he could have been added in the Good.
    He was listed as #1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Props to Woodley, Troy, AB, and Ike. But I'm gonna have to disagree on the DLine which I still think is a problem. Woodley was a beast last night and every time he got around the edge, Cutler had a huge pocket to step up into to avoid the pressure. The Dline either has to collapse the pocket so Cutler has nowhere to go or they should be getting thru the gaps to make the sack themselves when Woodley pushes Cutler forward.

In addition to the line improving, I think JJ needs to develop as a pass rusher for this D to be great. I'm hopeful, but there's a lot of improvement that needs to happen in the front 7.
    They are a work in progress no doubt. But, I seen some real flashes of potential along that front line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OffensiveSwine View Post
    Doesn't like Ben and doesn't like Antonio Brown.

That's classic.
    I like Ben, and I like Brown (just not a fan of him as a #1). You have 13 posts...how do you know what I "like". Re-read the post then come up with something productive to say.

Legend

User Info Menu

Again read.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Again read.
    and buy some boner pills!
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

move Adams to RT and Beechum to LT and be patient. It was mentioned on the air that the OL has least number of starts than anyone else, so we have to be impatiently patient for these guys to gel. They actually look better than the Giants Ol who gave 4 sacks in the first quarter and they have experience.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

It's like we are the same person..... this is exactly the way Chadman sees the Defense playing. Woodley & Jones are both producing pressure on the outside, but more often than not, the QB can step FORWARD toward our DL to buy some time. That pocket needs to be collapsed. Then we'll see sacks. Then we'll see turnovers.

Chadman has defended Hood in the past, but he's not progressing at all. McLendon isn't what people said he was- there is no push from him except the push the OG's give him out of the way of the RB. Keisel is playing very well, but not surprisingly, finds the play going the opposite direction to him due to the holes being blasted between McLendon & Hood.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE