Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, at least...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Well, at least...

...all the talk about Antonio Brown "not being a #1" will die down for awhile...

Also, I can perhaps see why he was so frustrated (allegedly) with Haley...

Backup

User Info Menu

The Kid can play - we knew that.. Sanders on the other Hand is not a #2.. That kid can not make 1 big catch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...all the talk about Antonio Brown "not being a #1" will die down for awhile...

Also, I can perhaps see why he was so frustrated (allegedly) with Haley...
    Yep... he did what any playmaker at WR would do..

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    The Kid can play - we knew that.. Sanders on the other Hand is not a #2.. That kid can not make 1 big catch.
    Spot on. Ben has put him in position to make some big catches in each game. He hasnt made 1. Maybe we should have taken the draft pick and let him walk.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown stepped up today & played great. Been a critic of his signing, obviously, and probably will be again going forward, but today was good. For the team's sake, Chadman would like to see an 'open even when he's covered' type WR added before Ben rides off into the sunset, which would not only make Ben better, but Brown as well, as he'd likely see less double coverage.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown made catches Mike Wallace would had never made. That is why the Steelers valued Brown more. They probably saw that in practice every single day.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

So Brown gets put in positions where he's not able to make big plays, calls out Haley on it, then suddenly makes two big plays in a game....

Why are the Steelers keeping Haley around again?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Brown made catches Mike Wallace would had never made. That is why the Steelers valued Brown more. They probably saw that in practice every single day.
    The way fans have erased Wallace's first years with the Steelers are amazing.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The way fans have erased Wallace's first years with the Steelers are amazing.
    The closest Wallace came to making a catch like Brown's 2nd TD last night was the winning TD in the GB-Christmas-Ben 500 yard game...which was a great catch and an exciting game...

But, that 2nd TD grab by Brown last night was amazing...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The closest Wallace came to making a catch like Brown's 2nd TD last night was the winning TD in the GB-Christmas-Ben 500 yard game...which was a great catch and an exciting game...

But, that 2nd TD grab by Brown last night was amazing...
    Agreed- great catch. Attribute for attribute- Wallace probably doesn't make that catch. Conversely, there are some catches Wallace can & did make that Brown can't make because he doesn't have the same speed. Not defending or criticising either WR in that comment- both have different skills that teams can utilise. The way some people are so keen to downplay what Wallace did for this team is still amusing to Chadman. One 'bad' season, and he becomes Beazlebub. If Ben doesn't get any better, do the same fans ride him out of town with a "that is why the Steelers value Landry Jones more" attitude?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR