Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Agreed- great catch. Attribute for attribute- Wallace probably doesn't make that catch. Conversely, there are some catches Wallace can & did make that Brown can't make because he doesn't have the same speed. Not defending or criticising either WR in that comment- both have different skills that teams can utilise. The way some people are so keen to downplay what Wallace did for this team is still amusing to Chadman. One 'bad' season, and he becomes Beazlebub. If Ben doesn't get any better, do the same fans ride him out of town with a "that is why the Steelers value Landry Jones more" attitude?
    I have no problem with what Wallace did in his first three years as a Steeler...

My OP was merely intended as a compliment to Brown for taking advantage of the opportunities presented to him (which I think he has done all season...he just had more and better opportunities last night)...I didn't bring Wallace into the discussion...

I do understand that others did so...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPol View Post
    They've been trying to ride Ben out of town for years.

In their eyes Ben is a hindrance. When BA and Ben were winning double digit games every year by throwing the ball people hated that. They wanted their ground game, they wanted their fullback, they want their 1970s Stillers back.

Some Steelers fans are LOVING this. They love seeing Ben struggle. It's sad and embarrassing.
    If some people are enjoying this, it isn't because of a love of 70s football...

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I have no problem with what Wallace did in his first three years as a Steeler...

My OP was merely intended as a compliment to Brown for taking advantage of the opportunities presented to him (which I think he has done all season...he just had more and better opportunities last night)...I didn't bring Wallace into the discussion...

I do understand that others did so...
    All good. Chadman knows you didn't bring Wallace into it (although the topic did lead to the conversation..). It seems we have the 2013 version of the great Crash vs Pirogi Pete "Antonio Bryant is all-world compared to Randle El" debate between us.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPol View Post
    They've been trying to ride Ben out of town for years.

In their eyes Ben is a hindrance. When BA and Ben were winning double digit games every year by throwing the ball people hated that. They wanted their ground game, they wanted their fullback, they want their 1970s Stillers back.

Some Steelers fans are LOVING this. They love seeing Ben struggle. It's sad and embarrassing.
    Who exactly are Steelers fans that are loving this? I don't know of a single one, including anyone who posts on this site. Every fan I know just wants wins. Whatever it takes. And loved when Ben would air it out. I don't know anyone rooting for Ben to fail or not understanding the talent he is, especially in light of all the clowns the Steelers had at QB for over a decade.

You've somehow decided that all fans are Yinzers who are stuck in the 70's drinking luke-warm Iron City and bemoaning the fact that Rocky and Franco aren't running the ball. It's simply not true.