Thread: Looking ahead

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looking ahead

Now, before I say anything, I'm not booking any wins. No Steeler fan would be so stupid at this point. And I'll be honest--at this point, part of me just hopes we don't get embarrassed. But... looking ahead: We have Minnesota this Sunday on a neutral site. Then we get a bye. HOPEFULLY we can iron a few things out, tighten up where we can, during that week. Next, we get a rookie QB (Geno Smith). We may be able to eek out a turnover there. After that, it is Baltimore week in Pittsburgh (where yes, I know, we're 0-2). Then its the Raiders (who yes, I know, they've given us troubles when we had much better teams).

Anyway, I guess my point is that there still is room for tepid optimism. There are much worse stretches of games than the one we're about to enter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Now, before I say anything, I'm not booking any wins. No Steeler fan would be so stupid at this point. And I'll be honest--at this point, part of me just hopes we don't get embarrassed. But... looking ahead: We have Minnesota this Sunday on a neutral site. Then we get a bye. HOPEFULLY we can iron a few things out, tighten up where we can, during that week. Next, we get a rookie QB (Geno Smith). We may be able to eek out a turnover there. After that, it is Baltimore week in Pittsburgh (where yes, I know, we're 0-2). Then its the Raiders (who yes, I know, they've given us troubles when we had much better teams).

Anyway, I guess my point is that there still is room for tepid optimism. There are much worse stretches of games than the one we're about to enter.
    Good news with the Raider game, THE FAVORITE tends to lose!!!!!!!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Hard to be too optimistic when we keep giving away more turnovers than Mrs. Smith at Christmastime.

Legend

User Info Menu

Smith threw for over 300 yards this week. With the lack of push by the defensive line, I wouldn't chalk up a victory over the Jets. It's a sad reality - but the Steelers ARE the team other teams look at as the easy win.