Thread: Labriola - Prisuta on radio today 9/23

Legend

User Info Menu

Labriola - Prisuta on radio today 9/23

[url]http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/audio/Talkin-Steelers-Football-9232013/16d15534-80ea-4a1a-bb56-f29d51c47f56[/url]

They're mystified why it's happening. "Football gods" brought up, we've incurred their wrath, as a reason, tongue-in-cheek, somewhat.

They are more positive on the athleticism of our players than I would have thought.

They get down on everybody, everything. Defense losing it for us in the 4th qrtr, Ben throwing stupid, tackles sucking eggs, discipline, luck, head cases ... hey, they sound just like us!

Whatever, it's good listening.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OffensiveSwine View Post
    Russ Grimm's drinking buddy and a Rooney shill.

No thanks.
    . A waste is a terrible ... no, it's terrible to waste ... a terribly wasted mind is ... uhmm.

"A mind like a steel trap is a good thing, unless it is always closed."

(aka, "With drinking buddies like that, who needs enemies?")

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Two things jump out at me from listening to that conversation, because it's the same thing that was being said last year.

1) A few plays here and few plays there and the result is different. Every team can say that.
    2) They are still convinced the talent is there, but not depth. I'm not so sure about the talent, otherwise, the few plays here and the few plays there would be made.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Two things jump out at me from listening to that conversation, because it's the same thing that was being said last year.

1) A few plays here and few plays there and the result is different. Every team can say that.
    2) They are still convinced the talent is there, but not depth. I'm not so sure about the talent, otherwise, the few plays here and the few plays there would be made.

Pappy
    I do think the talent is still there. We were getting by on the past on Ben, Troy, and Deebo. Now we just have Troy because Ben doesn't look like Ben this season. Maybe we could line up Troy 10 yards behind the play on O so he can tackle guys that recover fumbles or make INTs. We could probably swap out one of our tackles and it wouldn't make much difference. Other than the offense not giving up points when they are on the field.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The talent is there.

How they are playing is the issue...

Banned

User Info Menu

So you have no problems with Haley? OK then say that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eh...the talent...the athleticism...well until I see it produce wins I will have to disagree. We don't have many special playmakers. We have potential that isn't consistent or producing W's. How much of that is a coaching issue?

Banned

User Info Menu

Didn't Haley have the same WRs that Arians had in 2011?

What offense was better?

Ben and Wallace were the best deep threat in the NFL for three years.

Todd Haley turned them into Kordell and Courtney Hawkins.