Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That 70's Style Offense...

Legend

User Info Menu

That 70's Style Offense...

...mandated by that meddling Art II and implemented by his golf coach lackey, it sure shackled Ben tonight.
    They're wrecking poor Ben. I mean, c'mon, if they'd only let him throw the ball 30 or 40 times...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ...mandated by that meddling Art II and implemented by his golf coach lackey, it sure shackled Ben tonight.
    They're wrecking poor Ben. I mean, c'mon, if they'd only let him throw the ball 30 or 40 times...
    Ben 26 of 41 for 406
    Cut 20 of 30 for 159

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Ben 26 of 41 for 406
    Cut 20 of 30 for 159
    Cutler made two throws when he needed them and one run for first down when he needed it, otherwise he was less than pedestrian.
    Ben was just bad from start to end with a few flashes of brilliance in the middle.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

It is that Haley "dink and dunk" that killed us. If we let Ben air it out we are unstoppable.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Cutler made two throws when he needed them and one run for first down when he needed it, otherwise he was less than pedestrian.
    Ben was just bad from start to end with a few flashes of brilliance in the middle.

Pappy
    Agree 100%. Cutler made a couple of good throws in the 4th, and his big boys came through.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    It is that Haley "dink and dunk" that killed us. If we let Ben air it out we are unstoppable.
    Yup. If we're gonna keep shackling poor Ben the way we did tonight, cut him right now and give him a chance to go to a team that appreciates him.

Better yet, Art II needs to call a press conference, publicly apologize for his "sins" against Ben, and turn over total control of the team to him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Ben's touch passes are too often inaccurate and hard to catch. His strength is in throwing with power and depth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup. If we're gonna keep shackling poor Ben the way we did tonight, cut him right now and give him a chance to go to a team that appreciates him.

Better yet, Art II needs to call a press conference, publicly apologize for his "sins" against Ben, and turn over total control of the team to him.
    Its time to go to the Bradshaw, I call my own plays, offense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Its time to go to the Bradshaw, I call my own plays, offense.
    I would like for Ben to call his own plays, let Haley be a spotter for the broadcast team. Bet we'd see fewer inane bubble screens and a more aggressive passing offense.