Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: That 70's Style Offense...

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Yup. If we're gonna keep shackling poor Ben the way we did tonight, cut him right now and give him a chance to go to a team that appreciates him.

    Better yet, Art II needs to call a press conference, publicly apologize for his "sins" against Ben, and turn over total control of the team to him.
    Funny you say that, because despite how ugly it was, what they did tonight was their best offensive output. What exactly has Haley done for this team?

  2. #12
    The best offensive output so far this season is when Haley isn't calling the plays.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I would like for Ben to call his own plays, let Haley be a spotter for the broadcast team. Bet we'd see fewer inane bubble screens and a more aggressive passing offense.
    Yeah, because 26 for 41 for 406 and a bunch of missed deep throws is just too conservative.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yeah, because 26 for 41 for 406 and a bunch of missed deep throws is just too conservative.
    Again, it's better than any of the play calling Haley has done. You're acting as if Haley has been a success.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Again, it's better than any of the play calling Haley has done. You're acting as if Haley has been a success.
    Execution is the problem.
    We have passed plenty and passed deep plenty LAST WEEK too. He just missed or they were dropped. Ben said Haley has included his input in the offense. THIS ENTIRE Season reflects that. People see an occasional screen and lose their mind. We threw more screens under Arians than we have THIS year. This offense ain't what Haley did last year.

    You guys act like Ben's preferences are still being ignored. We ARE doing exactly what Ben likes.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-23-2013 at 12:58 AM.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Execution is the problem.
    We have passed plenty and passed deep plenty LAST WEEK too. He just missed or they were dropped. Ben said Haley has included his input in the offense. THIS ENTIRE Season reflects that. People see an occasional screen and lose their mind. We threw more screens under Arians than we have THIS year. This offense ain't what Haley did last year.

    You guys act like Ben's preferences are still being ignored. We ARE doing exactly what Ben likes.
    You're exactly right. And like last year when he threw away games late in DAL and CIN, he threw this one away.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're exactly right. And like last year when he threw away games late in DAL and CIN, he threw this one away.
    Maybe Ben needs to ban himself from the ping-pong table.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Maybe Ben needs to ban himself from the ping-pong table.
    Maybe Ben needs to carry a football around with him all week while the vets try to punch it out of his arms everywhere he goes.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  9. #19
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yeah, because 26 for 41 for 406 and a bunch of missed deep throws is just too conservative.
    Geesh, 4 yards short of having a 10 YPA and the Steelers lose by 18 points. 400 yards and a 10 YPA should translate to a win, can't turn it over, period, this team just sin't good enough to make up for those kinds of mistakes.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Execution is the problem.
    We have passed plenty and passed deep plenty LAST WEEK too. He just missed or they were dropped. Ben said Haley has included his input in the offense. THIS ENTIRE Season reflects that. People see an occasional screen and lose their mind. We threw more screens under Arians than we have THIS year. This offense ain't what Haley did last year.

    You guys act like Ben's preferences are still being ignored. We ARE doing exactly what Ben likes.
    Art, is that you?

    Most of the Tennessee and Cincy games were want Haley wanted. Any denying that stems from pure Ben hate. As for what happened again Chicago, they needed him to start throwing deep because they were behind. It was ugly, but it was also the best offensive output they've had this season.

    So really, Haley has proven he's either a) useless because Ben calls the plays, or b) an idiot because when he calls the plays they almost always suck.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •