Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where the heck is Wheaton tonight?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

where the heck is Wheaton tonight?

Tomlin last week and Ben during the week both said Wheaton would be involved more. He is an electric playmaker on an offense struggling for big plays.

I have only seen him in the game for one play, the one where Ben missed him for an easy first down. What gives?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fire the whole staff.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Noted today that Brady threw TD's to two rookie WR's. So, what's our problem with using Wheaton?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wheaton is on the bench where all rookies belong.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

When one of the starters gets injured, then maybe they'll work him in.

Maybe.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Noted today that Brady threw TD's to two rookie WR's. So, what's our problem with using Wheaton?
    I bet if he had Amendola and Gronk those rookies wouldn't be seeing the ball. I agree that we should be seeing some Wheaton but I don't think that he would've helped much.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Backup

User Info Menu

wheaton should see more playing time.. Should be worked in the same as Jarvis. With that said, he did run the wrong Way on the last interception and even though Ben threw him a bullet duck he really needed to catch that..

Legend

User Info Menu

How Wheaton gets worked into the rotation will be interesting & exciting to see. Chadman still believes that, overall, he was one of, if not the most rounded WR in the 2013 Draft. Hopefully next season we'll see Brown, Wheaton & an as-yet un-named "open even when he's covered" Julio Jones/AJ Green/ DeAndre Hopkins type WR as our top 3 options, not Sanders & Cotchery, who combined have more drops than catches in 2013...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Wheaton either can't grasp the playbook, isn't as good we think he may be or Haley doesn't recognize his talent, if he can't beat out Sanders or Cotchery right now for snaps.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think BB's late INT showed why Wheaton hasn't seen the field more. I believe it was him. Looked like an option route & BB threw it where he should have been. Maybe we will hear something about it during the week. It looked like Wheaton made the wrong read and BB put it in front of the S since the S ran with Brown. Wheaton broke to the sideline when he should have settled in front of the S. Don't have playcall or info to go with it but my educated guess.