Then use the money and get you two real tackles.
Adams was fine as a RT. Woodley has been pressuring a lot. Decastro played well IMO
1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340
DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242
Replace Foster and Gilbert. Put Adams at RT or Backup.
It is insanity to think you can just keep gutting the team in hopes of better results. As long as you got #7 playing like a high school QB, your going to keep getting the same pitiful results. The FO has already gotten rid of many of the so-called- "problem children" or perceived "threats" to Ben's Psychy/ego and look where we stand right now.
- Bruce "going to get Ben killed" Arians
- Wille "millegeville-false start" Colon
- James "they ain't cuttin my pay" Harrison
- Santonio "Stonio" Holmes
- Rashad "spin-then-fall"
- Max "the statue" Starks
- "Whines" Ward
- Mike "show me the money" Wallace
- Charlie "old man" Batch (who just happened to win our last meaningful game).
- Plaxico "plexiglass" Burress
- Nate "butterfingers" Washington
- James "can't cover a TE" Farrior
Along with a plethora of position coaches, OL coaches among others etc....... Results are a team now in shambles, more fractured , worse offense than ever. Why? You ask?.... Because the constant remains. You have a fat, lazy, egotistical, uncoachable, QB with no work ethic, or leadership qualities, who is hardly ever held accountable for his poor play. I swear, if it was any other QB (not named Ben) playing this poorly, week after week, this fan base would have his head on a platter.
I would disagree with most of those cuts. I wouldn't cut Adams, but he should be a back up. Woodley is playing really well. And you must realize DeCastro is essentially a rookie coming off major knee surgery not all that long ago. It takes a couple years to get the knee back fully. I would give him some grace.
Maybe not cut Adams but Woodley right now is making an average of around 8 million per sack because he brings nothing else to the table. He's not good at run or coverage. At the very least make him take a pay cut.
Well maybe not to that extreme but he's certainly is not worth 61 million.