Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three straight games

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I'm there with them to the bitter end and beyond. Actually saw some positives. Doesn't change the 0-3, but it might be show the potential to win some games ahead (if we can get a grip on the TO ratio).
    I agree. The turnovers are the big problem. Otherwise we are not that bad, imho.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I'm there with them to the bitter end and beyond. Actually saw some positives. Doesn't change the 0-3, but it might be show the potential to win some games ahead (if we can get a grip on the TO ratio).
    I agree. The turnovers are the big problem. Otherwise we are not that bad, imho. And i'll keep watching all the games to the end.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, one of the reasons (only one of the reasons) is that Ben is older and past his prime. Other greats have usually faded slowly -- typically they get smarter as their physical abilities go down. Ben's style wasn't conducive to this, also the numerous hits he's taken must take a toll on his body.

The game wont slow down. He'll have to play smarter. He missed so many obviously open receivers today, not to mention the crap pick-6, that he single handedly lost it for us. Today's game was not on Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

When it all comes down to it, the Head Coach is ultimately responsible.
    -The O-line has been a problem for years and it still plagues us
    -We continue to turn the ball over
    -We continue to not force any turnover
    -The games played with Dwyer in preseason and then getting cut, proves what disarray this team is really in
    -The Taamu incident
    -Not being able to get off the field on 3rd and long
    -The amount of injuries
    Mr. Tomlin your fancy phrases, deer in the headlights look on the sideline and empty promises are no longer tolerated.
    Thank you for your service, time to move on.
    You have lost control of this team.
    Sorry, but time for a change.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what's amazing to me is that with as a result of how bad the offense has been - our defense has been on the field for far more plays. you would think the law of averages would catch up with us and we'd at least luck into a fumble or an interception.

it's absurd that we can't get the ball.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

It's not that I won't sit through bad games. I've done it in the past and will do it again. But one could tell how bad this team was right from the start. It is certainly hard to look at and some people will refuse to see it, but it's real.
    As a fan, I will not sit and watch this type of football. I won't let this team become the Browns by continuing to watch a poor product and letting the FO feel that it's ok.
    I don't expect super bowls every year, but I do expect this organization to field a quality product. I mea, if honey nut cheerios started to suck after decades of great cereal, are you gonna keep buying it and eating it?
    And I get it. Sports is different. But by not watching, I'm letting them know in the only way I can that THIS won't be tolerated. As a fan, that is a duty. We still root for the Steelers. But we also call BS. And this is BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    And yet we'll see fans bagging out the Browns fans for turning on their team.

Geez, it's like you've been offered crap for 10 years & been made to sit through it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let me clarify, I still watch all the games but I normally record it to watch again later to see how each players played. But why waste my time to watch this trash over again.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]