Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An observation on Mclendon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    that's been my argument for 2 years with one of the "experts" on this board over Ramon Foster. Criticism, in some ways has to be relative to the size paychecks one cashes. That's why they call it professional football.

like you, I'm much more concerned with guys like larry timmons who has gotten off to another one of his patented slow starts, but I know that is all "coach dads" fault.
    Guys like Harrison and Willie Parker have skewed our collective perspective of our UDFAs. We're spoiled sometimes and have expectations thru the roof of every player no matter where they came from or the size of their paycheck.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I have seen some positives to McClendon's game. He's good with his hands and keeping linemen off him and working down the LOS to make plays. He's quick for a guy his size. My hope is he can eventually turn into a Chris Hope for us down the road. Very similar style of play. But he needs a little more strength and endurance. I think the one thing working against McClendon is his size.
    Yeah, I'd say if McLendon want to eventually turn into a Chris Hope for us down the road, his size would work against him as a free safety.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Want to see a perfect example of how Mclendon gets washed out of the middle? Watch AP run 60yds up the middle but keep an eye on Mclendon.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah I didn't see that play but suspected a McLendon failure to hold the line
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Guys like Harrison and Willie Parker have skewed our collective perspective of our UDFAs. We're spoiled sometimes and have expectations thru the roof of every player no matter where they came from or the size of their paycheck.
    Bingo! This is why we carry bums like Isaac Redman because of our UDFA successes of the past. Our coaching staff that our system is the common denominator but FWP and Deebo were special and were missing pieces of our puzzle during our championship runs.