Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

but ben said no more ping pong.

that's not a leader?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How about lead by passing better, short armed Sanders then throw behind Wheaton for a easy first.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This loss goes on Ben. He personally giftwrapped this win for the Bears.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    This loss goes on Ben. He personally giftwrapped this win for the Bears.
    Ben's play is indicative of a player that realizes the season is spiraling out of control and tried doing too much. He was trying to make plays when there really weren't any plays to be made, each time he was being pressured or there was chaos all around him. He played bad right from the start, but brought them back and then defense gives up three 3rd down plays when we needed a stop, as usual, a nice team loss.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben hasn't been the same since the injury last year. Not only did he cost us this game, he threw the late pick last week and tossed the 2 picks to basically end games for us last year. He is no longer a clutch QB. Not on 3rd down and not late in games. He's playing small when it matters most. Maybe some of what Pap stated is to blame but maybe he has just lost it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Ben hasn't been the same since the injury last year. Not only did he cost us this game, he threw the late pick last week and tossed the 2 picks to basically end games for us last year. He is no longer a clutch QB. Not on 3rd down and not late in games. He's playing small when it matters most. Maybe some of what Pap stated is to blame but maybe he has just lost it.

I think he has. Its just not there for him anymore like it used to be. I truly believe this team needs a fresh start all around.

Rookie

User Info Menu

ben has to be so sick and tired of never having a decent oline. Even the good years the line sucked but he had enough talent around him to still win. i agree ben has not been great but what this team needs is new coaching starting with tomlin all the way down to the towel boys.thats where you start over .will this happen probaly not cause thats how the rooneys do business.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben's touch throws seem frequently inaccurate and hard to catch.

Duress will do that to you and he's under plenty of that. Not an excuse, but a reality of trying to play QB in this league. Maybe he is losing it a bit, but with a stable line I think he would be the Ben we love.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-23-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben is physically talented but above the shoulders not so much. How many times did the Bears show blitz right in his face? Manning would have adjusted his line to where he felt the blitz was coming from. He would motion a wr from the slot and put them in pass protection. Most importantly he would get the ball out quickly. But what did he do? He did nothing and just snapped the ball and expected 5 linemen to block 7 rushers. These are the little victories that we lose on a consistent basis and then the line gets blamed for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Ben's deep ball is terrible nowv. He seems stuck on "Wallace Speed" and can't tone it down to the receivers now here.
    Light Speed- Fast
    Ludicrous Speed- Faster
    Wallace Speed- Fastest

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher