Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Ben has 2 rings in three appearances, he is without question the best QB in Steeler history.
    Fixed that for you.

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/career-passing.htm[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Not only that, but 10-4 with two rings!!

If it was so easy for a team to carry a QB to victory, Cowher would have 4 SB rings himself...
    Cowher was overated too. He started Kordell for years. I'll guarantee you if Mike Tomlin lost all those AFC championship games at home you guys would not be cheering him onn Nor supporting him.

10-4 with 20 and 17 says along for the ride, not. Primary reason. If that was Manning and Brady you guys would be calling them over rated if Rashard Mendenhall Willie Parker or isaac Redman put up those pitiful stats you guys would be killing them if Mike Wallace Antonio Brown Hines Ward put up those terrible stats you guys would be all over them and you know it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It used to be if the Steelers were behind by 7 or less points late in the 4th quarter there was no QB I would rather have on the field than Ben Roethlisberger. That includes Brady, both Mannings, Brees and Rogers. No matter what was going on around him Ben would turn the play into something positive and lead the Steelers to a score. Then came the 2010 SB and things started to change. We all know Wallace dropped that 4th down pass but it also could have been thrown better.

In 2011 we ended up with a good record but about the only comeback on the very easy schedule was Ben leading us to a FG in the games final seconds against the totally inept Indianapolis Colts. One game where Ben had a chance to lead us back was against the Texans but instead threw a game ending interception. Two other losses were blowouts against the Ravens and 49ers.

Next up is 2012 and the Ben magic shows up in a game against Philly where we were leading the entire game until late in the 4th when the Eagles take a 1 point lead. Ben leads us down the field for a last second FG to win the game. The very next game we are tied late in the 4th and Ben is driving us but it stalls and Suisham misses on a long 54 yarder. The Titans then drive down the field and kick a game winner. Then, with the playoffs in sight, Ben throws back to back game ending interceptions against the Cowboys and Bengals and the playoffs are history.

It just seems to me that some of the magic is slipping away from Ben. He has never been the conventional QB like Brady, Manning or Brees in that he isn't a pin-point passer, he doesn't seem to be especially quick at reading defenses and supposedly he doesn't put a lot of time into film study. He used to go out at key points in a game and will his team to produce. I don't know whether its him, or a lack of talent surrounding him, but he can't seem to make that happen like he used to.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Fixed that for you.

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/career-passing.htm[/URL]
    Another delusional poster. Ben has 3tds and 5 ints un three Super Bowls. Now compare those stats to Terrys Sb stats

Is Ben better than all of those backups that Cowher started for years? Of course. Not hard ro be either

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    It used to be if the Steelers were behind by 7 or less points late in the 4th quarter there was no QB I would rather have on the field than Ben Roethlisberger. That includes Brady, both Mannings, Brees and Rogers. No matter what was going on around him Ben would turn the play into something positive and lead the Steelers to a score. Then came the 2010 SB and things started to change. We all know Wallace dropped that 4th down pass but it also could have been thrown better.

In 2011 we ended up with a good record but about the only comeback on the very easy schedule was Ben leading us to a FG in the games final seconds against the totally inept Indianapolis Colts. One game where Ben had a chance to lead us back was against the Texans but instead threw a game ending interception. Two other losses were blowouts against the Ravens and 49ers.

Next up is 2012 and the Ben magic shows up in a game against Philly where we were leading the entire game until late in the 4th when the Eagles take a 1 point lead. Ben leads us down the field for a last second FG to win the game. The very next game we are tied late in the 4th and Ben is driving us but it stalls and Suisham misses on a long 54 yarder. The Titans then drive down the field and kick a game winner. Then, with the playoffs in sight, Ben throws back to back game ending interceptions against the Cowboys and Bengals and the playoffs are history.

It just seems to me that some of the magic is slipping away from Ben. He has never been the conventional QB like Brady, Manning or Brees in that he isn't a pin-point passer, he doesn't seem to be especially quick at reading defenses and supposedly he doesn't put a lot of time into film study. He used to go out at key points in a game and will his team to produce. I don't know whether its him, or a lack of talent surrounding him, but he can't seem to make that happen like he used to.
    Excellent post. The reason, he is failing is then line, arians, goodell, foot, lady in ga, shoulder, haley etc...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice07 View Post
    It's amazing to me, that a TEN YEAR OLD QUOTE, continues to be flat out taken out of context.

What he said was, that while he does watch film, he learns MORE by PLAYING. Somehow, that has turned into, "Ben doesn't watch film" by so-called "fans" of this football team.

Disgraceful.

You can't continue to putz along, try to rest a defense that doesn't create turnovers, trying to milk a 60 minute clock, and then when it doesn't work? Expect Ben to bail you out every week.

Contrary to what people think? The same standard applies to opposing defenses as it does when LeBeau's defense gets shredded: The other team gets paid too.

Here's an article from 2007, does this sound like the habits about a player who doesn't take his job seriously?

[URL]http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2007-12-05-sw-roethlisberger_N.htm[/URL]

That name is some creative repackaging. Got a laugh out of it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It used to be if the Steelers were behind by 7 or less points late in the 4th quarter there was no QB I would rather have on the field than Ben Roethlisberger. That includes Brady, both Mannings, Brees and Rogers.
    Yep. Know why? Because he's elite...

Well, maybe not right now...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the D could hold a 4th Q lead in the past 3 years we wouldn't need our "elite" QB to bail it out half of the time. I have questioned their stamina and conditioning late in games for 3 seasons now. And over most of those seasons, the Steelers were one of the tops in the league in TOP. So don't tell me the O wasn't doing their part (they are CERTAINLY not doing their part THIS season).

You know in the back of your head EVERY time we get a lead in the 4th Q, the defense, almost without fail, would give up a score.

Legend

User Info Menu

Completely silly. He's being set up to fail.

No money receivers (he's begged for a big guy for years, and he's got two runts now). No O-line. Can't even get protection from his RBs or TEs.

But, under those circumstances he can be judged fairly?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Completely silly. He's being set up to fail.

No money receivers (he's begged for a big guy for years, and he's got two runts now). No O-line. Can't even get protection from his RBs or TEs.

But, under those circumstances he can be judged fairly?
    But he continues to want to play the game the same way he did when he entered the league, refusing to adapt to his current situation. Smacks more of a petulant child...