Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Ahhhh...Poor Baby! RETIRE. Walk away from your $100 million dollar contract. Give someone else a chance. Whose fault is it that he never became a student of the game, learned to read defenses and get the ball out of his hands quicker so he didn't have to take unneccessary sacks. Whose fault is it that the offense stunk so bad while his buddy Arians was here, he needed to be fired.
    IDK, football is a team sport. Right now, the team is out of sync and Ben is looking bad. He is just as out of sync as everyone else. When they all get back in sync, Ben will probably look pretty good. Hard to blame one individual player, even a QB, for collectively sucking.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

The good: the media is much more focused on the meltdown in Giants town, so the current Steelers troubles are getting light play, comparatively speaking.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Depends on what you call elite. If you are looking for Ben to take a game on his shoulders and throw for 450 yards with 5 TDs...then you are right. If you were looking for Ben to make a busted play work...or to make a big throw in a big situation...then he is as elite as he gets. I'll tell you this...in a big game situation...2 minutes...need a score to win...there are few in the history of the NFL I would have taken over "old Ben".
    I'll settle for 3 TDS and 350 yards consistently. With the new rules, why not? "On his shoulders" is the key statement. Everyone always says "He led us to two Sb wins" like HE was the Primary reason. Its just a flat out lie.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelchip View Post
    Like it or not guys, Big Ben is our QB for the duration of his contract. He has renegotiated his contract a couple times and to send him packing ( if that's your pleasure) would necessarily break the Rooney 'piggy' right in half. IMO Ben has never been the classic NFL read & react QB. He's gotten accustomed to the schoolyard "wait till they are open" style and at this stage in his career he's not gunna change. What we need is an OC that can take his style of play and make it productive, not make Ben into something he's never gunna be.

I just read an article that was of the opinion that the Rooney's might have been better off to get rid of Tomlin, keep The Bruce as HC and Ben wouldn't have had to go through the turmoil of losing his "binky". In any case, Ben needs to get squared away pretty soon before they figure out how to get around his financial shackles and go in a direction that gets them their bang for the buck.
    So cater to the pouting Star? That is crazy. I guarantee you wouldnt say the same about TO. Whom by the way has ELITE stats and performs on an elite lever consistently.

Backup

User Info Menu

We both know Ben is known for being clutch not just by Steeler fans...in many games since 2005. I don't feel like doing research.
    I bet you dont. Wink

Legend

User Info Menu

bb_zpsfd9b3d7e.jpg

I loveBen and know he'll turn this team around, but this is funny
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote yourself once...I call it a fluke. Quote yourself twice and I begin to worry about you lol.
    I'll quote you. Care to answer the question posed in your quote?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    IDK, football is a team sport. Right now, the team is out of sync and Ben is looking bad. He is just as out of sync as everyone else. When they all get back in sync, Ben will probably look pretty good. Hard to blame one individual player, even a QB, for collectively sucking.
    How good were the Colts without Manning? ONE PLAYER

Backup

User Info Menu

6 hourst have passed and NO ONE can list 4 elite games in a row by Ben in ELEVEN YEARS. I rest my case..........

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    I rest my case..........
    Thank God...