Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Backup
    In 11 years you cant find four elite games in a row. Ill give you another one. Name the last National tv game where Ben was elite. In conclusion. Ben is stealing money

Backup
    Colin Cowherd was talking about this yesterday. Racial undertones. We like who looks like us. I could care less who looks like me or who doesnt. However, I find it interesting that none of the black players (no offense) get the same loyalty that Ben gets. But then again, Haley gets killed too so... But I think thats more because fans would rather blame Haley than Ben.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Attachment 938

I loveBen and know he'll turn this team around, but this is funny
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    2Tds and 1 pick is elite? So Kordell is elite? YOURE HIGH
    Good deflection, but it's okay to admit when you have made a mistake.

Games 7-9 he had 1 TD and 8 ints. What is this guy talking about???
    Clearly, you were mistaken. That's okay, provided that you can simply man up and admit it.

I admit mistakes:

I did make a mistake earlier. I said 5 INTs over those games. It was actually only 4 INTs.
    I am genuinely trying to take Shawn's advice, but you're going to have to work with me here...

You may actually have a legitimate point underneath all of the inane posts, but none of us will ever know.

Get it together!!

Backup
    1. Mistaken? think you know that Ben does not have elite stats so you are lowering the bar to make him Elite. Fail. No deflection at all

2. Admit what? I listed 07 AND 08 check games 7-9 . I was refering to 08. I accept your apology

I do have a legitimate point it is not my fault you refuse to look at it that way. However,Ben Roethlisberger is in his 11th season and if you think he is going to turn into Peyton Manning in his 11th season I say good luck with that again his best years are behind him so who do you think will have the most material, you or I?

1. Mistaken? think you know that Ben does not have elite stats so you are lowering the bar to make him Elite. Fail. No deflection at all

2. Admit what? I listed 07 AND 08 check games 7-9 . I was refering to 08. I accept your apology

I do have a legitimate point it is not my fault you refuse to look at it that way. However,Ben Roethlisberger is in his 11th season and if you think he is going to turn into Peyton Manning in his 11th season I say good luck with that again his best years are behind him so who do you think will have the most material, you or I?

Shawn, I tried. But, he continues to be a douchebag.

I really tried, though...

Backup
    Translation: He refuted me again so Im reduced to namecalling. 2 tds and 1 pick is elitr. Charlie Batch is elite according to you. When the brass paid Ben 100 million do you think they were anticipating average stats or elite ones? Russell Wilson was a game manager last season but put up the same amount of TDs that our franhise guy did. As a rookie. Yep, Im over the top in regards to getting on Ben. Yep

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Shawn, I tried. But, he continues to be a douchebag.

I really tried, though...
    A douchebag contains cleaning agent that make a certain situation fresh. I take that as a complimen. Thank you

Smile

Colin Cowherd was talking about this yesterday. Racial undertones. We like who looks like us. I could care less who looks like me or who doesnt. However, I find it interesting that none of the black players (no offense) get the same loyalty that Ben gets. But then again, Haley gets killed too so... But I think thats more because fans would rather blame Haley than Ben.
    This is ridiculous.
    Three superbowls and 2 wins are what give you PLENTY of benefit of the doubt.
    And I am a "melanin enhanced" man who has been VERY honestly critical of Ben's recent play.
    Nevertheless, I not only understand those who are less critical, I am not ready to just give up on him.
    While I agree some are giving him too much of a pass, you conversely do not give him credit he is due for what he HAS Done over his career.

Part of that loyalty Steeler fans have is we go decades between championship caliber QBs.

Nothing to do with race whatsoever.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-25-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    This is ridiculous.
    Three superbowls and 2 wins are what give you PLENTY of benefit of the doubt.
    And I am a "melanin enhanced" man who has been VERY honestly critical of Ben's recent play.
    Nevertheless, I not only understand those who are less critical, I am not ready to just give up on him.
    While I agree some are giving him too much of a pass, you conversely do not give him credit he is due for what he HAS Done over his career.

Part of that loyalty Steeler fans have is we go decades between championship caliber QBs.

Nothing to do with race whatsoever.
    I applaud you, but I fear it will do no good...