Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 232

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

  1. #211
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Completely silly. He's being set up to fail.

    No money receivers (he's begged for a big guy for years, and he's got two runts now). No O-line. Can't even get protection from his RBs or TEs.

    But, under those circumstances he can be judged fairly?
    Definitely.

    Ben is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise in the past 25 years. He is also part of the worst thing to ever happen as this team has left him out to dry with all of the reasons you mentioned. Truly a major travesty for such a proud franchise.

  2. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    But he continues to want to play the game the same way he did when he entered the league, refusing to adapt to his current situation. Smacks more of a petulant child...
    Point taken, NorthCoast. But let's assume for the sake of discussion the worst case scenario ... that he *can't* adjust, it's not in his skill set.

    Wouldn't you, as GM and coach, put him in an environment that allows him to thrive with the skill sets he *does* have? After all, he's shown he definitely has some, uhmm - potential!

    GO STEELERS!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #213
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    But he continues to want to play the game the same way he did when he entered the league, refusing to adapt to his current situation. Smacks more of a petulant child...
    BS. He passes for 4500 yards in 2009 and was playing MVP like football last season. He has adapted to his surroundings better than any QB of the last 30 years in all of the NFL. He has to. Poor guy will likely NOT be a lock hall of famer now due to this horrid team he has around him and because of our "own" fans like you. What does this guy gotta do to get respect from fanstasy football armchair QB fans?


    Edit: And I will add he has improved on his deep ball and pocket passing and arm strength. He has also stayed in shape and looks as slim as he has in the past 5 years.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 09-25-2013 at 08:07 PM.

  4. #214
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Point taken, NorthCoast. But let's assume for the sake of discussion the worst case scenario ... that he *can't* adjust, it's not in his skill set.

    Wouldn't you, as GM and coach, put him in an environment that allows him to thrive with the skill sets he *does* have? After all, he's shown he definitely has some, uhmm - potential!

    GO STEELERS!
    Duh!!

    There's some logic for ya! I agree 100%!!

  5. #215
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice07 View Post
    Fans? His own owner doesn't respect him.

    Ben was out of shape once, in 2009. It's never been the yearly problem that "die hard" fans of this football team have made it out to be.
    He was pretty heavy that year. But he had big time numbers.

    And yes, a yearly problem it is NOT!

    And the owners must not have much respect. Wow!

  6. #216
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    When the rookies around the league is playing mistake free football.......
    You lost me right there. Dont need to read anything else.

    There has never ever in the history of the NFL been a player play mistake free football. Let alone a rookie. Nothing else you say holds any water. You have lied already.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  7. #217
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice07 View Post
    He's adapted to Haley's system. He can play in Haley's system. Go watch the TD he threw to Will Johnson against the Redskins last season. YOU could have made that throw, and he was absolutely giddy.

    But the system as a whole, SUCKS!

    You can't depend on 3rd down. Last year they got away with it. This year they haven't.

    What do you want him to do? Turn into Carson Palmer and throw balls away at the first sign of trouble? Go watch Carson as a Bengal in 2009 against the Jets.

    Is that what you want Ben to become?
    In BA's last season as OC Ben attempted almost 50% more passes on 3rd or 4th and long as he did last season. Don't blame it on the system..... the only thing that hasn't changed is the QB.

  8. #218
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Point taken, NorthCoast. But let's assume for the sake of discussion the worst case scenario ... that he *can't* adjust, it's not in his skill set.

    Wouldn't you, as GM and coach, put him in an environment that allows him to thrive with the skill sets he *does* have? After all, he's shown he definitely has some, uhmm - potential!

    GO STEELERS!
    This. I agree with. If he really can't change which seems more and more likely, then yes, get him the players he wants.

  9. #219
    Horrid team, smallish WRs, bad o-line, bad OC, meddling ownership...yadda-yadda-yadda...

    I'm worried far less about that stuff than I am the fact that Ben is just not playing well...

    Right now, he's missing open guys, not securing the ball and throwing ill-advised INTs...

    Ben just needs to get back to being Ben and control the things that he can control...if that happens and the Steelers still lose? Then complain about the other crap...

    Until he doesn't overthrow a wide open WR, the best WRs, OC, OL and ownership isn't going to matter....

  10. #220
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    You lost me right there. Dont need to read anything else.

    There has never ever in the history of the NFL been a player play mistake free football. Let alone a rookie. Nothing else you say holds any water. You have lied already.
    Without even looking up the stats, I'm willing to bet you Ben have more To (not combined) than the Jets
    Or Bills QB and to go a step father add in the second year QB and then come and talk.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •