Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater Bandwagon

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,242

    Teddy Bridgewater Bandwagon

    Yes folks, I've said it. Forget the Jadeveon Clowney crap. We've had enough of drafting defensive linemen that everybody complains about. Let's try and put some excitement in our offense with the number 1 pick. I love Ben but he is getting old and beat up. He doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm or leadership ability to do anything with this team so let's trade him while he is still worth something. If Cleveland can get a #1 for Richardson then we can get that for Ben. With 2 first round picks we should be able to trade up and take Bridgewater. He would bring some excitement back into this offense much like Wilson and RGIII have done in Seattle and Washington. The guy is mobile and has a great arm. Picture him running the read offense with Bell as his back. He can make plays with his arms and with his legs. I've also seen him complete screen passes to running backs ... something the Steelers don't seem to be able to do with Ben.

    Think able it folks ... it might be the end of the "Big Ben Era" but the beginning of the "Bridgewater Era". Besides, he has the same initials as another Steeler great QB.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  2. #2
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    522
    Did it ever occur to you that making moves like Cleveland just made is what makes the Cleveland Browns the Cleveland Browns?

    There is zero chance of this happening. Why dont we go out this offseason and actually fix this O line. With a healthy Bell and an improved O line Ben will be just fine.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that making moves like Cleveland just made is what makes the Cleveland Browns the Cleveland Browns?

    There is zero chance of this happening. Why dont we go out this offseason and actually fix this O line. With a healthy Bell and an improved O line Ben will be just fine.
    The Browns won today. There is a possibility of the Steelers getting the first pick. And I would be all for Bridgewater.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The Browns won today. There is a possibility of the Steelers getting the first pick. And I would be all for Bridgewater.
    Yeah with Hoyer, who should never have been cut. We could have used the Landry Jones pick on any number of positions.

    As bad as things are we still have enough talent to be competitive. We will not be drafting #1. If we are Tomlin will not survive that IMO. Colbert may not either. I would have to think even a new regime would want to build around Ben who is our only real asset at this point.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Yeah with Hoyer, who should never have been cut. We could have used the Landry Jones pick on any number of positions.

    As bad as things are we still have enough talent to be competitive. We will not be drafting #1. If we are Tomlin will not survive that IMO. Colbert may not either. I would have to think even a new regime would want to build around Ben who is our only real asset at this point.
    If the Jags come calling with the first overall after this season, would you trade Ben?

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    If the Jags come calling with the first overall after this season, would you trade Ben?
    No I would not. We are looking at a high pick this year. Use our draft next year to build a team around Ben.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,138
    Ben is a proven Super Bowl winner and any draft pick is simply a prospect.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  8. #8
    Bridgewater doesn't play a top 25 team ALL year. They have a horrible schedule. I wouldn't put much stock in Bridgewater.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,339
    No thanks. He will suk as a pro. I don't want any more Kordell wannabes on this team. That's all he'll ever be. Sorry....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    No thanks. He will suk as a pro. I don't want any more Kordell wannabes on this team. That's all he'll ever be. Sorry....
    First if all, I'd never trade Ben for a draft pick.

    But comparing Bridgewater to Kordell? The guy is a total pocket passer. He's not a running QB at all. In fact, he's run for like 30 yards total this year.

    Hmmm i I wonder why you compared him to Kordell...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •