Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater Bandwagon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Of course. You dont want winners/successful QB's. You want flashy. Remember your comments about Cam Newton 3 seasons ago? The one you said you would take over Ben?

A. J. McCarron

6 ft 3
    strong, accurate arm.
    Only 10 INT's in 3 plus seasons, despite playing in a boat load of big games.
    2 National Championships (probably a 3rd this year).
    Team leader.
    Has been best in his teams biggest games despite his teams run first philosophy.

He is a solid passer now but at the next level he will be even better because a team will spend more time developing him as a passer. Sort of like what happened to Joe Montana. At Notre Dame, for 3 years as the Irish QB, he averaged about 15 passes a game. But at the next level that sort of changed a little bit.
    Not sure about the context of the Cam Newton discussion but sure... I probably said I would take Cam over an old Ben moving forward. ROY, most passing yards by a QB in his first 2 years.. won today vs the Giants 38-0. Mobile can avoid pressure and extend plays and drives... yep, I probably said it.

I damn sure would take him over AJ or that USC stud who was supposed to change the draft after his work out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not sure about the context of the Cam Newton discussion but sure... I probably said I would take Cam over an old Ben moving forward. ROY, most passing yards by a QB in his first 2 years.. won today vs the Giants 38-0. Mobile can avoid pressure and extend plays and drives... yep, I probably said it.

I damn sure would take him over AJ or that USC stud who was supposed to change the draft after his work out.
    Cam Newton is 14-23 (win/loss), and a 59% career passer so far. 32 INT's in 2 years and 3 games. No team will ever win a championship with him as their QB.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

..and I said about Barkley, "if" he gets drafted into the right situation, and get's a legitimate change, he could be a franchise QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cam Newton is 14-23 (win/loss), and a 59% career passer so far. 32 INT's in 2 years and 3 games. No team will ever win a championship with him as their QB.
    I said Cam... I didn't say Cam, their horrible 4th quarter D, pathetic coaching staff and crazy GM (who was fired last year)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said Cam... I didn't say Cam, their horrible 4th quarter D, pathetic coaching staff and crazy GM (who was fired last year)
    I dont think those things have contributed to Cam's erratic passing.

But...you dont consider all the same type of things that Ben has had to deal with the past 3 seasons. How funny.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont think those things have contributed to Cam's erratic passing.

But...you dont consider all the same type of things that Ben has had to deal with the past 3 seasons. How funny.
    Of course I consider it.. also consider his age and his injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Interesting, now lets change the question Pap. Steelers get a phone call from a team interested in Ben. At what point do you start to think about it?
    See my reply, 2 firsts and a player right now. Trent Richardson hasn't done a thing and garnered a first round pick. It would be difficult to turn away two first round picks for the next two years and a player right now. If the team asking for the trade is bottom dweller meaning we might get 2 top 10 picks, I might fore go the player right now, but I'd be pretty firm on the two firsts and a player.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-22-2013 at 11:47 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

No... Ben is on the downside of his career... teams probably won't offer more than a second due to his age.
    No way, he's got 4 or 5 years of good football left, a team with a good defense and an OC willing to let Ben play would be a good fit. A second is low balling by a lot consider the accomplishments of Ben. Without 2 firsts at a minimum the trade doesn't happen if I'm the GM.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    No way, he's got 4 or 5 years of good football left, a team with a good defense and an OC willing to let Ben play would be a good fit. A second is low balling by a lot consider the accomplishments of Ben. Without 2 firsts at a minimum the trade doesn't happen if I'm the GM.

Pappy
    I'm not seeing that Ben you are talking about... something has changed

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not seeing that Ben you are talking about... something has changed
    Haley and an O-line that is erratic, that's what has changed (Last year and the year before the o-line was bad, but Ben could rely on who was going to be bad).

That is, Ben never knows whether the pressure will be in his face, from the blind side or from the front side and that's worse than knowing that the pressure will always come from one particular place, you can chip, go max protect, etc. The players on this offensive line take turns being bad, sometimes in the same drive. Ben played poorly again tonight, but Chicago's defensive front completely confused the offensive line for the most part, IMO.

Lance Briggs came through a hole where the center would be tonight without getting touched until Redman tried getting to him just in front of Ben. I don't understand how a center and two guards can miss seeing a player that is rushing over the center.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -