Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater Bandwagon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that making moves like Cleveland just made is what makes the Cleveland Browns the Cleveland Browns?

There is zero chance of this happening. Why dont we go out this offseason and actually fix this O line. With a healthy Bell and an improved O line Ben will be just fine.
    The Browns won today. There is a possibility of the Steelers getting the first pick. And I would be all for Bridgewater.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The Browns won today. There is a possibility of the Steelers getting the first pick. And I would be all for Bridgewater.
    Yeah with Hoyer, who should never have been cut. We could have used the Landry Jones pick on any number of positions.

As bad as things are we still have enough talent to be competitive. We will not be drafting #1. If we are Tomlin will not survive that IMO. Colbert may not either. I would have to think even a new regime would want to build around Ben who is our only real asset at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well what have I been saying since the end of last season? I love Ben...he is my favorite player, but what is in the best interests of the Pittsburgh Steelers? The franchise QB is a necessity however after they achieve success it can be hard on a franchise to keep a core of their players together for a length of time. It is that franchise QB's contract that that does it. The Steelers are at that point. And it happens to all of the teams with this same situation. Look at the Packers, Patriots, Colts (when Manning was there), Giants, Ravens, etc., etc. And it is going to happen to the 49ers, Broncos, Falcons, etc., etc.

I would only make Ben available after this year if a team were to give the Steelers a Herchel Walker return for him. A team giving away half their draft. Arizona Cardinals (Bruce Arians), maybe? And make them throw win CB Patrick Peterson.

But no way on Teddy Bridewater, Taj Boyd. Steelers need to get back to who they are (power football). Best fit for this franchise would be A.J. McCarron. He is a flat out winner.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No... Ben is on the downside of his career... teams probably won't offer more than a second due to his age.
    Is Ben worse now than what Peyton Manning was two years ago? Manning was 36 and coming off of 3 neck surgeries. And teams were falling all over themselves to sign him. And would have given up the farm had it required trading for him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Yeah with Hoyer, who should never have been cut. We could have used the Landry Jones pick on any number of positions.

As bad as things are we still have enough talent to be competitive. We will not be drafting #1. If we are Tomlin will not survive that IMO. Colbert may not either. I would have to think even a new regime would want to build around Ben who is our only real asset at this point.
    If the Jags come calling with the first overall after this season, would you trade Ben?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Is Ben worse now than what Peyton Manning was two years ago? Manning was 36 and coming off of 3 neck surgeries. And teams were falling all over themselves to sign him. And would have given up the farm had it required trading for him.
    Ben isn't Manning... maybe BA would bite for a 1st but I doubt people would fall over themselves to give away their first.

Ben is worse than Manning was.. Ben hasn't looked good for a while now. I know everyone thinks 6-2 Ben was the best ever but he was far from it. I've seen Ben at his best and last year wasn't it.

With Peyton you get 12 wins and a QB clinic during the regular season... with Ben you get a mixed bag of ugly and amazing.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 09-22-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    If the Jags come calling with the first overall after this season, would you trade Ben?
    No I would not. We are looking at a high pick this year. Use our draft next year to build a team around Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well what have I been saying since the end of last season? I love Ben...he is my favorite player, but what is in the best interests of the Pittsburgh Steelers? The franchise QB is a necessity however after they achieve success it can be hard on a franchise to keep a core of their players together for a length of time. It is that franchise QB's contract that that does it. The Steelers are at that point. And it happens to all of the teams with this same situation. Look at the Packers, Patriots, Colts (when Manning was there), Giants, Ravens, etc., etc. And it is going to happen to the 49ers, Broncos, Falcons, etc., etc.

I would only make Ben available after this year if a team were to give the Steelers a Herchel Walker return for him. A team giving away half their draft. Arizona Cardinals (Bruce Arians), maybe? And make them throw win CB Patrick Peterson.

But no way on Teddy Bridewater, Taj Boyd. Steelers need to get back to who they are (power football). Best fit for this franchise would be A.J. McCarron. He is a flat out winner.
    No thank you

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben isn't Manning... maybe BA would bite for a 1st but I doubt people would fall over themselves to give away their first.

Ben is worse than Manning was.. Ben hasn't looked good for a while now. I know everyone thinks 6-2 Ben was the best ever but he was far from it. I've seen Ben at his best and last year wasn't it.

With Peyton you get 12 wins and a QB clinic during the regular season... with Ben you get a mixed bag of ugly and amazing.
    I do not agree with that. Peyton Manning missed an entire year with a career threatening injury. There was talk he may not play again. There was talk that he had lost a lot of zip on his throws because of the 3 neck surgeries. He was 36 years old and not in his prime. How is what Ben did last year worse than that? The Steelers were 6-3 before Ben got hurt. Many thought they had a chance to make another Super Bowl run after they beat the defending Super Bowl Champion Giants in week 9 on the Giants home field.

So Ben, despite not being anywhere near 100%, finished last season...

Surgeries: 0
    Super Bowl wins: 2

3265 yards 63.3% comp and 26 TD's to 8 Int's.

All this on a team that pretty much quit down the stretch/end of the season.

Peyton Manning's season before he went to the Bronco's?

Surgeries: 3
    Super Bowl wins: 1

0 yards 0 % comp 0 TD's 0 Int's.

This is a typical response from you, one who has always been a Ben hater. He will see things the way that your dislike for Ben allows you too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No thank you
    Of course. You dont want winners/successful QB's. You want flashy. Remember your comments about Cam Newton 3 seasons ago? The one you said you would take over Ben?

A. J. McCarron

6 ft 3
    strong, accurate arm.
    Only 10 INT's in 3 plus seasons, despite playing in a boat load of big games.
    2 National Championships (probably a 3rd this year).
    Team leader.
    Has been best in his teams biggest games despite his teams run first philosophy.

He is a solid passer now but at the next level he will be even better because a team will spend more time developing him as a passer. Sort of like what happened to Joe Montana. At Notre Dame, for 3 years as the Irish QB, he averaged about 15 passes a game. But at the next level that sort of changed a little bit.