Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater Bandwagon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Lets just say that the Steelers entertain this idea. Why would they undervalue Ben so much and only ask for 1 first round pick? If a player that has done absolutely nothing in the NFL is worth a first then Ben has to be worth 2 first round picks and a player right now from whatever team wants to make the trade.

Pappy
    Interesting, now lets change the question Pap. Steelers get a phone call from a team interested in Ben. At what point do you start to think about it?

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Bridgewater and he played lights out vs Florida but the schedule this year is a joke. They shouldn't even get an autobid... I think Kentucky is the best team they will play all year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Lets just say that the Steelers entertain this idea. Why would they undervalue Ben so much and only ask for 1 first round pick? If a player that has done absolutely nothing in the NFL is worth a first then Ben has to be worth 2 first round picks and a player right now from whatever team wants to make the trade.

Pappy
    No... Ben is on the downside of his career... teams probably won't offer more than a second due to his age.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    First if all, I'd never trade Ben for a draft pick.

But comparing Bridgewater to Kordell? The guy is a total pocket passer. He's not a running QB at all. In fact, he's run for like 30 yards total this year.

Hmmm i I wonder why you compared him to Kordell...
    LOL... I remember people saying the same thing about Jamarcus Russell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd keep Ben and make a play for Texas A&M LT Jake Matthews

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Objectively, Ben has a couple years max, at a "franchise" level. This is his TENTH year; I don't imagine a player with his style and mileage playing for 15 years (e.g. Peyton Manning). So if you could swing a deal where were you can get his replacement, you gotta look at it HARD.

Of course, the problem is objectivity. It is hard to, when you have a player of Ben's status and history with the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

First, Clowney would likely be a OLB in our base defense. He would be huge, but he is far more athletic than Woodley and runs pretty well. Clowney has a chance to be our most dominant and dynamic playmaker since Rod Woodson.

Second, I like Bridgewater. But, unless we trade Ben (not my first choice), I can't see that happening.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    First, Clowney would likely be a OLB in our base defense. He would be huge, but he is far more athletic than Woodley and runs pretty well. Clowney has a chance to be our most dominant and dynamic playmaker since Rod Woodson.

Second, I like Bridgewater. But, unless we trade Ben (not my first choice), I can't see that happening.
    based on? ESPN has shown that Michigan play so much people believe he does it every game. He hasn't shown much this year..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clowney takes plays off and doesn't like to practice. I'll pass....

lol, yea, maybe I should've compared Bridgewater, or whatever his name is, to Jamarcus Russell..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben needs a strong OL in front of him in order to make the plays he does. If the Steelers cant find OL that can block, they may just as well trade Ben and find a QB that can throw timing routes.