Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Steeler Moment?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Best Steeler Moment?

Thought I would also change tone here to a positive one.

Do you remember your best Steeler moment? What was it?

Mine was:

Was at a Superbowl XLIII party in 2009 ..Had to been the Harrison interception returning the ball all way to end the half. Was on my feet screaming to go go go....this was epic moment..
    I was out of breath like he was!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks dude I'm sorry I was getting a little "snarky" on the other thread.

Bomb to Stallworth 79-80 season was SWEET. I still remember the SI cover with the pass just missing Rod Perrys outstretched arm.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Thanks dude I'm sorry I was getting a little "snarky" on the other thread.

Bomb to Stallworth 79-80 season was SWEET. I still remember the SI cover with the pass just missing Rod Perrys outstretched arm.
    We are all hard core steeler fans...and win they loose we are all emotional....me to :<)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

When Troy picks off that pass in the 2008 AFCC Game... I was there and the place went ape. It will stay with me forever.

Legend

User Info Menu

There's so many, I can't pick just one. I honestly think my biggest reaction was when we recovered the surprise onside kick in XXX. I know that one's probably not on anyone's list of great plays because of the outcome of the game, but I just remember the roof going off at the SuperBowl party that year. I think it was the best cause no one saw it coming. But it also makes me angry thinking back at that game now. Arghhhhhhh!!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Watching the Seatle players slump as FWP busts off a 75 yd TD run.
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZalcX_8ZpE[/URL] Lambert...It was the right thing to do. Harrison runback 1a...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZalcX_8ZpE[/URL] Lambert...It was the right thing to do. Harrison runback 1a...
    Lambert ragdolling Cliff Harris was a francise-making moment. A great Steeler moment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Troy's AFC Championship INT return and Harrison's INT return were probably my most memorable. Also Antonio Brown's long catch vs. the Ravens in the AFC Divisional Game. Honorable Mention: Levon Kirkland's sack of Troy Aikman in Superbowl XXX setting up the Steelers getting the ball for the go ahead drive (b4 O'Donnell's blunder #2)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Lambert ragdolling Cliff Harris was a francise-making moment. A great Steeler moment.
    Kinda reminded me of Franco with Hollywood Hendersons late hit on Terry. Franco got in his face.

Love how he just called for the ball and NEVER LOOKED SO DETERMINED to score.

Funny Bradshaw recall THAT PLAY as why QBs need to call their own plays.
    He LOOKED INTO FRANCOS EYES and KNEW he was NOT going to be stopped.
    Cant know that from the sideline.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher