Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Steeler Moment?

Legend

User Info Menu

How bout some James Harrison tackling Ed Reed on a punt return and the ball popping 20 feet in the air? How bout some Hines ear holing DBs every other week? How bout some Troy timing snaps or going thru blocks like a ghost or making a backward tackle in Denver? How bout some Houdini Roethlisberger in the pocket?

There's literally a play or 2 every week that makes my jaw drop.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How about Donnie Shell's perfectly legal mano-a-mano hit on the great Earl Campbell, and taking him out at the ribs. Probably one of the very best hits ever.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    How about Donnie Shell's perfectly legal mano-a-mano hit on the great Earl Campbell, and taking him out at the ribs. Probably one of the very best hits ever.

Why isn't Donnie in the HOF again?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BnGSteel View Post
    AFC Championship game against the Colts - my Dad and I were in the end of the stadium where Aaron Bailey dropped the pass from Harbaugh. For about ten seconds, you could've heard a pin drop in TRS. And then, well, you know what happened next. Too bad it's be ten more years to actually WIN ring #5, but it was worth the wait.
    Piggybacking on that game: Ernie Mills catch down to about the 5-yard line in that game. I was in a Vegas hotel room watching (on my knees on that Harbaugh pass)... that Mills catch was exhilarating.

Starter

User Info Menu

Heres one nobody would think of. Not my favorite but high on my list.

Jerome Bettis' screen pass from Kordell Stewart in OT against Jaxonville in 97. It was Kordells first 300 yard game. That was the loudest I have ever heard a Three Rivers Stadium crowd. And I have been to a lot of games. Special moment for a good 97 team. As we all know the Steelers fell off the map for awhile after 97. Which made the 97 team memorable to me.
    Last edited by 7 UP; 09-21-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How bout some James Harrison tackling Ed Reed on a punt return and the ball popping 20 feet in the air?
    James Harrison was just AMAZING for this entire game. I remember watching this game and feeling so great for an entire week afterwards. I think that's the kind of feeling we are all looking for right about now.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    James Harrison was just AMAZING for this entire game. I remember watching this game and feeling so great for an entire week afterwards. I think that's the kind of feeling we are all looking for right about now.
    That game was one of the most dominant all around performances for the entire team. O, D, and ST. Guess we need some stretches like we have right now to really appreciate those kinds of performances. Getting every phase going again would really be sweet. So if we can hurry up and get on track, let's go ahead and do that immediately

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting that nobody has (I think) mentioned the Immaculate Reception.

I think Harrison's pick6 is the clear winner. Such a huge play for all the reasons that Jiga mentioned above -- although I would add that JH 'freelanced' intot that coverage.

My dark-horse pick would be when the Oilers kept fumbling at the end of the first half int he 1978 AFCCG. 17 poins in the last 48 seconds of the first half.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

How bout Ben's shoestring tackle after Bettis fumbled at the goal line in Indy?

Or Troy's fingertip INT vs San Diego which I still am not sure was possible even after watching the replay.

Or Troy leaping the LOS to tackle Kerry Collins where he seemed to be tackling Collins before he even received the snap.

Here's a video of some good ones:

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A whole lot of great moments listed above. All are truly great. And there are more. We Steeler fans are a very fortunate bunch. Let's hope we add one to this list in tonight's game. Will see a bunch of you guys on chat, and I expect the Steelers to show up big tonight.