Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Steeler Moment?

Legend

User Info Menu

Fu's TD rush against the Browns.
    Holmes catch vs. Arizona.
    Missed FG by Vanderjagt in Indy playoff game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harrison's return. It changed the game AND it was amazing AND it was in a Super Bowl AND it was a team effort type play.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bettis running over Urlacher... I think this is forever ingrained in my mind. Partly because I was in Iowa at my ex's and they were Bears' fans. But it was at that point that I realized desire has way more influence over game outcome than reputation alone. Jerome WANTED that yardage and Brian Urlacher could do nothing about it. Just like the highlight video of the Bengal defender bouncing off Jerome as he lowered his shoulder. Some players have it ingrained in their mind they are going to do certain things. These players usually make their way to Canton. Other players have an idea, but no real internal motivation to make it happen. Bettis had that factor imo.

nb

Backup

User Info Menu

Beating the Patriots and ending their 22 game win streak.

And Ben's entire ROOKIE year was just amazing to watch and we might never see anything like it again.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Plenty to choose from, but these two always stick out for me for the ones that I was there to see in person:

Sept. 8, 1996 - first game against the Ratbirds. I graduated college that spring and was happy to start living in Pittsburgh full time, and this game was a great start. Testaverde's first pass - Woodson picks off and runs back for a TD. The place went nuts!

AFC Championship game against the Colts - my Dad and I were in the end of the stadium where Aaron Bailey dropped the pass from Harbaugh. For about ten seconds, you could've heard a pin drop in TRS. And then, well, you know what happened next. Too bad it's be ten more years to actually WIN ring #5, but it was worth the wait.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BnGSteel View Post
    Plenty to choose from, but these two always stick out for me for the ones that I was there to see in person:

Sept. 8, 1996 - first game against the Ratbirds. I graduated college that spring and was happy to start living in Pittsburgh full time, and this game was a great start. Testaverde's first pass - Woodson picks off and runs back for a TD. The place went nuts!

AFC Championship game against the Colts - my Dad and I were in the end of the stadium where Aaron Bailey dropped the pass from Harbaugh. For about ten seconds, you could've heard a pin drop in TRS. And then, well, you know what happened next. Too bad it's be ten more years to actually WIN ring #5, but it was worth the wait.
    I know what you mean by 10 seconds....I was at the other end of the stadium and I had time to think "oh no!! 2 yrs in a row!!!!!"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

THIS!!! Was there too. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    When Troy picks off that pass in the 2008 AFCC Game... I was there and the place went ape. It will stay with me forever.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

James Harrison in the Super Bowl has got to be one of the best plays of all time. That entire sequence was chock full of emotion.

Arizona is about to take the lead into the half
    But wait, Harrison drops back and takes sure points away!

He's got blockers!

There's a flag.

He's still going.

Doe's he have enough gas.

Touchdown!!!

Will it count

Touchdown!!!
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Thanks dude I'm sorry I was getting a little "snarky" on the other thread.

Bomb to Stallworth 79-80 season was SWEET. I still remember the SI cover with the pass just missing Rod Perrys outstretched arm.
    I have that cover, along with all the other 70's SI covers on my living room wall. One of my all-time favorite moments as well.

Too many to choose just one of them. Another was beating the Colts in the AFCCG, as Harbaugh's Hail Mary failed on the last play. That was the first Super Bowl moment of my adult life. Speaking of Colts and Steeler playoff games, that ending in 2005 was the biggest rollercoaster of emotions I may have ever had.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cool pics, Flasteel!!