Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin needs to step up and...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomlin needs to step up and...

The buck stops at Tomlin, he needs to step up to the plate and lead this team
    better than he has.

He needs to focus on his strengths \ Talent and use that to his advantage. Forget what the Rooney's \ Management want.
    (They want to live in the past(running the ball) which is a mistake...)

Even if it cost him his job he needs to believe, in what will work\win not what won't \ want to do...
    He needs to tell his coaches what kind of plays to call, Tell them!!! not ask them!!!

If my reputation\ Coaches career is on the line I could care a less what the owners want.....
    Please fire me if you don't like it... but, I rather go down believing, in what I know will work then the other....

Legend

User Info Menu

head coaches don't call plays... they let coordinators do that... and they get to fire them if they don't like the plays they call... except, he can't fire him. in a nutshell, that's the problem...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    head coaches don't call plays... they let coordinators do that... and they get to fire them if they don't like the plays they call... except, he can't fire him. in a nutshell, that's the problem...
    Sad to say I think Todd Haley will never be "fired" midseason. Looks like we have to wait the season out so the Steelers can work out a deal for him to leave w/out another embarrassment.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

Exactly. Tomlin is the head coach, but he doesn't own the team. Like any corporate organization the guy at the top calls the shots and you execute within the guidelines provided. To say "forget what the Rooney's/Management want" is plain ridiculous.

The problem we have right now with the OL (#1 source of our offensive issues) is much more on Colbert than Tomlin. Colbert went into this season with a wish and hope on the Offensive Line and ignored it in the draft. He controls the talent acqusition not Tomlin.

If you are in NASCAR and the racing team owners give you cars with a six banger in them you aren't going to win any races no matter how much you tweak the engine or how good your driver is (Big Ben).

As far as firing the coordinators, do you really think that accomplishes anything mid-season? Plus does anyone really think Tomlin ever had the ability to move on past LeBeau no matter how much he wanted to?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

I have always though Tomlin needs to be more assertive. I see no fire, pride, passion or emotion. Bill Cowher had " a look" about him. Chuck Noll had " a look" about him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by don2016 View Post
    I have always though Tomlin needs to be more assertive. I see no fire, pride, passion or emotion. Bill Cowher had " a look" about him. Chuck Noll had " a look" about him.
    Don't know how old you are, but Tomlin's demeanor on the sideline is very much like Noll's. Cowher was the only one who was an "attention whore" on the sideline hamming it up for the cameras.

It's also a different era in dealing with players than what Noll had to deal with.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Exactly. Tomlin is the head coach, but he doesn't own the team. Like any corporate organization the guy at the top calls the shots and you execute within the guidelines provided. To say "forget what the Rooney's/Management want" is plain ridiculous.

The problem we have right now with the OL (#1 source of our offensive issues) is much more on Colbert than Tomlin. Colbert went into this season with a wish and hope on the Offensive Line and ignored it in the draft. He controls the talent acqusition not Tomlin.

If you are in NASCAR and the racing team owners give you cars with a six banger in them you aren't going to win any races no matter how much you tweak the engine or how good your driver is (Big Ben).

As far as firing the coordinators, do you really think that accomplishes anything mid-season? Plus does anyone really think Tomlin ever had the ability to move on past LeBeau no matter how much he wanted to?
    Your missing the point...
    I'm a good programmer and I'm not going to have the owner of the company tell me how to program..thats absurd..
    I'm the expert not them..get it now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by don2016 View Post
    hmmm... wonder what that look could be?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Your missing the point...
    I'm a good programmer and I'm not going to have the owner of the company tell me how to program..thats absurd..
    I'm the expert not them..get it now?
    you are the expert programmer.. but I doubt you get to choose the computers and projects you work on..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you are the expert programmer.. but I doubt you get to choose the computers and projects you work on..
    ..and your program plan and the deliverables you are required to deliver and when.