Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin needs to step up and...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    That is funny and hello fellow dba... I don't disagree with you and I'm with you on Haley..but the buck still stops at Tomlin and I think he can do much better then he has...
    I bet there are a lot of "techies" on here...
    *group hug*
    commit;

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I bet there are a lot of "techies" on here...
    *group hug*
    commit;

NICE!!! LOL
    I will add a little more...

SET NOCOUNT ON
    SET XACT_ABORT ON

DECLARE @STEELERGROUPHUG NVARCHAR(100) = 'Group Hug'
    DECLARE @STEELERGROUPCRY NVARCHAR(100) = 'Group Cry'
    DECLARE @STEELERWIN BIT = 1

BEGIN TRAN
    BEGIN TRY

IF @STEELERWIN = 1
    BEGIN
    SELECT @STEELERGROUPHUG
    END
    ELSE
    BEGIN
    RAISERROR(@STEELERGROUPCRY,16,1)
    END

COMMIT
    END TRY
    BEGIN CATCH
    BEGIN
    ROLLBACK TRANSACTION
    SELECT ERROR_MESSAGE()
    END
    END CATCH

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    NICE!!! LOL
    I will add a little more...

SET NOCOUNT ON
    SET XACT_ABORT ON

DECLARE @STEELERGROUPHUG NVARCHAR(100) = 'Group Hug'
    DECLARE @STEELERGROUPCRY NVARCHAR(100) = 'Group Cry'
    DECLARE @STEELERWIN BIT = 1

BEGIN TRAN
    BEGIN TRY

IF @STEELERWIN = 1
    BEGIN
    SELECT @STEELERGROUPHUG
    END
    ELSE
    BEGIN
    RAISERROR(@STEELERGROUPCRY,16,1)
    END

COMMIT
    END TRY
    BEGIN CATCH
    BEGIN
    ROLLBACK TRANSACTION
    SELECT ERROR_MESSAGE()
    END
    END CATCH
    F'ING HILARIOUS!! Very nice

Legend

User Info Menu

There is not much the coaches can do if the players play poorly and don't execute. Coaches can't make players play perform better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    There is not much the coaches can do if the players play poorly and don't execute. Coaches can't make players play perform better.
    No, but they can often put the players in a better position to be successful. Sometimes, they need to adjust their schemes and play-calling to better accentuate their players' strengths. For example, Cotchery, Brown, and Sanders are not best utilized on deep routes. So be willing to adjust your play selection accordingly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    F'ING HILARIOUS!! Very nice
    I wish I got it you nerds

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    No, but they can often put the players in a better position to be successful. Sometimes, they need to adjust their schemes and play-calling to better accentuate their players' strengths. For example, Cotchery, Brown, and Sanders are not best utilized on deep routes. So be willing to adjust your play selection accordingly.

It has been baffling that the Steelers have run Cotchery on the end-around, and passblocked with 5'7' 180 pound scatback LSH.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The problems that fans face when discussing this is they don't know when coaches adjust the scheme and play calling. If RB's are to slow to hit a hole, WR's drop passes, players give the ball away, or Ben throws poorly or doesn't see open WR's what do people expect the coaches to do? I've never seen a scheme or play calling that can overcome poor play. The game boils down to execution.

Just because Cotchery, Brown, and Sanders may not be among the best deep threats in the league doesn't mean the coaches shouldn't send them down the field on occasion.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The problems that fans face when discussing this is they don't know when coaches adjust the scheme and play calling. If RB's are to slow to hit a hole, WR's drop passes, players give the ball away, or Ben throws poorly or doesn't see open WR's what do people expect the coaches to do? I've never seen a scheme or play calling that can overcome poor play. The game boils down to execution.

Just because Cotchery, Brown, and Sanders may not be among the best deep threats in the league doesn't mean the coaches shouldn't send them down the field on occasion.
    How long have you been watching football? You can't tell when playcalling and/or schemes get adjusted during a game? That explains a lot. You've made this claim before but I think your seriously underestimating some fans knowledge of football if you think they can't notice schematic & playcalling changes during games.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

On occasion, yes. As much as we've been doing it? Not the best use of the skillsets of the players we have. Maybe Wheaton is that deep threat that can get behind the defenders and open things up. The other three sure as heck aren't, and to keep trying to use them that way is an exercise in futility.