Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bayless and Smith usually come across as morons, but....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No one posting here was in the room when Rooney and Tomlin were having discussions regarding the direction of this team. No media was there either. It's downright laughable that the screaming Smith or clueless Bayless know anything about the inner workings of the Steelers.

Any talk about why Haley was hired, if nepotism was involved, or if he was forced on Tomlin is pure speculation. Anyone saying anything different, especially posters on this board, are talking out their ass.
    The Steelers announced BA's retirement and then he ends up coaching in Indy. So everything they said they did before and after that is bs. Sure, who knows what happened? But this is the reason we can speculate.

Tomlin taking credit for everything and being in control after the fact really does sound like the same sort of BS spin we got with BA's "retirement". It's just a little fishy sounding. Again, who knows what really happened?

I've tried to figure out why Tomlin woulda/coulda hired Haley on his own accord. The only theory that makes sense is he wanted to use Haley to push Ben's buttons given Haley's rough history. Could it simply be Tomlin's way to call Ben a 1 trick pony to push him to be better? I dunno. But I do know Tomlin's into mind games.

Starter

User Info Menu

No one posting here was in the room when Rooney and Tomlin were having discussions regarding the direction of this team. No media was there either. It's downright laughable that the screaming Smith or clueless Bayless know anything about the inner workings of the Steelers.

Any talk about why Haley was hired, if nepotism was involved, or if he was forced on Tomlin is pure speculation. Anyone saying anything different, especially posters on this board, are talking out their ass.
    yuuuuuuuuup.. MELROSE PLACERS..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Because after the Wild Card loss in Denver he said he intended to keep both coordinators.
    While it seems suspicious, it doesn't prove anything. Mike could have changed his mind after thinking about things for a couple of days. We don't know.

Legend

User Info Menu

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    While it seems suspicious, it doesn't prove anything. Mike could have changed his mind after thinking about things for a couple of days. We don't know.
    More likely he had help changing his mind.

Anybody that isn't intentionally burying their head in the sand knows it wasn't Tomlins decision to can Arians.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    More likely he had help changing his mind.

Anybody that isn't intentionally burying their head in the sand knows it wasn't Tomlins decision to can Arians.
    You don't KNOW, you're only guessing.

Look, it's not like this was the only time Tomlin ever made a sudden, unexpected coaching change. He seemed to have been supportive of ST coach Al Everest when he canned him unexpectedly just two weeks before the start of last season.

From a report on another site:

"Teams like the Steelers do not stir the pot two weeks prior to the start of the regular season, but that is exactly what Tomlin did when he fired special teams coach Al Everest. Everest told the [URL="http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2473222-85/teams-everest-steelers-special-season-punt-former-nfl-tomlin-coach#axzz2GyAgcvgw"]Pittsburgh Tribune-Review[/URL] that it was “over professional differences” and “it was a shocker.”

It was a shocker for everyone.

Everest helped turn the special teams into one of the league’s more respectable unit after it struggled under former special teams coach Bob Ligashesky. The year prior to Everest being hired, the Steelers ranked 30th in special teams according to [URL="http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst2012"]Footballoutsiders.com[/URL] special teams rankings. He raised it to 16th in his first season and then ninth overall [in 2011]."

I can remember no report or even suggestion that Everest's firing was anyone's decision but Tomlin's. It could be that he is prone to making these kinds of sudden changes at times.

See also: [url]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/coach-tomlin-says-he-made-steelers-calls-on-firinghiring/1#.Uj0TC38mySo[/url]
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 09-20-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    That may be what happened, but it's just speculation. Tomlin himself said he decided to can BA and hire Haley. Now, could Tomlin have lied about that to try to save face for the organization? Sure. I could see him doing that. But then again, maybe the OC change was his call, and not forced by Art II.

I've seen nothing conclusive to prove things either way.
    i concur with the hair stylist
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not a Haley fan at all. If he was fired today I'd be ok with it. But can you name a OC who would have success with this line, no TE, no true #1 WR and no true #1 RB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Come on man. Tomlin said BA was coming back, then things suddenly changed. The Rooneys made the call. You think Tomlin is going to admit that? F'n lies. Just like Art2 stating BA retired.
    Yep... and there was a time when I thought Tomlin may have fired BA for Caldwell but when we chose Haley it damn sure seemed like Crash was spot on with this being forced on Tomlin.

When they said BA was retiring and BA said it was a lie you knew something was up...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Not a Haley fan at all. If he was fired today I'd be ok with it. But can you name a OC who would have success with this line, no TE, no true #1 WR and no true #1 RB?
    an OC who continues to give the ball to Jones in the second half would have more success.

an OC who puts Moyer or Wheaton on the go route so the other guys could work underneath could have success.

an OC who doesn't run a reverse with Crotchery could have more succese.

an OC who doesn't run bubble screens on 3rd and 8...or sub players after a fumble.

we dont need a true #1 to have success at the RB and TE position. Our D has kept our O close enough to stumble on an occasional TD to win a game. The problem is this OC concerned with being right instead of winning... its why you saw the sub package come in when we needed a quick snap after the paulson fumble.