Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A Challenge to the Planet Steeler Community.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He saying that when the team sucks like we have been, we can still act like reasonable human beings rather than whiny little douches. It's more worthwhile to attempt to analyze the team's shortcomings in a well-reasoned manner and provide constructive criticisms regarding what went wrong via civilized discourse rather than devolving into a TribLive flame war after every loss. That's all. There are other Steeler forums where dramatic bitchfests are more welcome.
    yes, that's it. I never said I only want optimism, far from it.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Lol. The rap thing was a bit much. Was having a few drinks when I wrote it. Seemed funny to me at the time.
    I learned awhile back that drinking and posting are not a good combination.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    So when it is bad like it is now, you would rather not live in reality? Try to find silver linings and be positive when the team is horrible? Ok. Cool.
    Good lord, no. Thoughtful conversations, realistic assessments. I guess you took "perhaps find a few silver linings" as only be positive. But, that isn't it at all. That is a complete distortion of my point. I am saying, this is a tough time, let's take this as opportunity to have more frank (realistic), civil, thought-provoking, intelligent conversations. All points of view should be welcome, of course. But, we can improve the quality of the experience on the board by thinking more and whining or acting douchey less.
    Last edited by steelblood; 09-20-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Outside of the haters, d-baggers, and trolls, I wouldn't consider these posts whining. More often than not, these posts are venting. All of us seem to understand one common ground, the last two games were abdsolutely horrid. No offense what so ever. Who are we supposed to vent to? Our wives, our kids, the boss? None of them understand our pain. Only Steeler Nation can help Steeler Nation.

That being said.....Mother ^%$#%!* can't move the ball down the field. No $#^%!$^ blocking. Practiced Zone Blocking all offseason and used it only in the first couple of minutes of the season. Stupid Todd Haley, get your $#%^!^! out of your [EMAIL="$%!%$^!$@%"]$%!%$^!$@%[/EMAIL] and lets GO!

STEELERS FOREVER
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I support your suggestion. The board has becomes difficult reading sometimes.
    probably because the games are difficult to watch

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He saying that when the team sucks like we have been, we can still act like reasonable human beings rather than whiny little douches. It's more worthwhile to attempt to analyze the team's shortcomings in a well-reasoned manner and provide constructive criticisms regarding what went wrong via civilized discourse rather than devolving into a TribLive flame war after every loss. That's all. There are other Steeler forums where dramatic bitchfests are more welcome.
    Right...but every time I do that...what happens? I saw this coming last year remember? The thread titled The Door/window is Closing?

I am not down on my Steelers. I understand what is happening right now. I love this team with all my heart and always will. But when it aint right I can be realistic. We are headed for 6-10. But wanna know what is actually cool about that? What happened the last time the Steelers were 6-10? Yep...a was a necessary thing for this franchise. It rendered the drafting of Ben Roethlisberger. And with that came 2 more championships for the Steelers.

And when this happens again this year, like I said in that thread last year, it will bring this team back to where it should be. The biggest piece is already in place (QB). Just need to re-load. This current team isnt going to get that done.

And I hardly think that perspective is any kind of bithcfest.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Right...but every time I do that...what happens? I saw this coming last year remember? The thread titled The Door/window is Closing?

I am not down on my Steelers. I understand what is happening right now. I love this team with all my heart and always will. But when it aint right I can be realistic. We are headed for 6-10. But wanna know what is actually cool about that? What happened the last time the Steelers were 6-10? Yep...a was a necessary thing for this franchise. It rendered the drafting of Ben Roethlisberger. And with that came 2 more championships for the Steelers.

And when this happens again this year, like I said in that thread last year, it will bring this team back to where it should be. The biggest piece is already in place (QB). Just need to re-load. This current team isnt going to get that done.

And I hardly think that perspective is any kind of bithcfest.
    no one accused you personally of anything. No need to be defensive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia View Post
    Outside of the haters, d-baggers, and trolls, I wouldn't consider these posts whining. More often than not, these posts are venting. All of us seem to understand one common ground, the last two games were abdsolutely horrid. No offense what so ever. Who are we supposed to vent to? Our wives, our kids, the boss? None of them understand our pain. Only Steeler Nation can help Steeler Nation.

That being said.....Mother ^%$#%!* can't move the ball down the field. No $#^%!$^ blocking. Practiced Zone Blocking all offseason and used it only in the first couple of minutes of the season. Stupid Todd Haley, get your $#%^!^! out of your $%!%$^!$@% and lets GO!

STEELERS FOREVER
    Not against venting, really. Just an idea to make the venting experience more interesting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I learned awhile back that drinking and posting are not a good combination.
    I believe I was there during an intervention or two. Your posting style was quite "unique."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All in all, this community is loaded with throbbing cerebrums when talking about the pigskin... deviations from the normal intelligent banter seem directly correlated to the mounting losses. That being said, this site's URL is by far the address you would want to key in if you care to read enlightened opinions on the B&G.... this place is a collective of above average football knowledge.