Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2013 Week 2 @ Bengals

Redundant Thoughts 2013 Week 2 @ Bengals

2. Tomlin has a 63-35 record as the Steelers head coach. He is the youngest coach to ever win a Super Bowl. He is the youngest coach to ever unleash hell. Surely these facts bode well for the rest of the Steelers season because right now … sheesh …

3. That first “drive” (and boy howdy and I using that term loosely) is troubling on many levels. Let’s establish the run, right? Hand-me-down running backs, patchwork offensive line, fumble problems – how the H, E, double hockey-sticks are they going to run anything, anywhere?! We should be airing-it-out right? RIGHT?

4. Screw that! This receiving core is weak, unskilled and cannot get any separation. Even when Ben gets the ball to them in space they drop the damn thing. So, let’s go with the no huddle, right?

5. You know, nothing good ever happens in a huddle anyway:

“Foot”ball eh? … more like “handbutt” amiright?

6. They can’t run, they can’t pass … what other options does this team have for matriculating the ball down the field?

Ah gym class … .the daily beatings … the forced showering with other males …

7. Is there a player that Jon Gruden doesn’t love? I was sitting there listening to the guy talk about the Steelers and, man … if only I was blind I’d be one cocky, happy Steelers fan.

Problem solved

8. I get the impression that of all the NFL teams the Bengals and the Browns are a couple that are the most closely watched by commentators and talking heads. It’s like they are banking on the glory garnered by making that “bold” prediction of a Bengals Super Bowl before anyone else saw it coming.

9. So the Steelers are 0-2 and the world is collapsing. Break out the team “players only” meeting because that will fix everything: the injuries, lack of fresh talent, crappy drafting …

10. And it wouldn’t be a proper post game post without a nod to the refs … Good jorb guys! Can I draw you a map to help you find your damn flag when Ben is getting killed?

This team’s ineptitude is on their hands …

11. You know, the Titans didn’t look too bad against the Super Bowl contender Texans this week. Perhaps the Steelers inability to move the ball against them said more about the Texans than it did about the Steelers?

12. Neither the Titans nor the Bengals looked all that impressive in their wins. I wish I could say the Steelers didn’t look repugnant in the losses, but I can’t.

See next thought.

13. It’s at times like these that I am forever grateful for the cover provided by my ingenious adoption of the monicker, redundantman:

14. See, this team is alarmingly, depressingly consistent. The turnover drought, the rash of injuries, the inability to score points on offense, the lack of big plays on defense … they all point to something. So I am left with the same thoughts every week … only the gifs and image macros are changing.

15. Perspective: Gloomy with a chance of gloom. There isn’t much to look forward to. From my perspective this team started last year as a mediocre team and just got worse as the year went. We could conveniently chalk that up to injuries last year but to maintain that argument would require ignoring the evidence provided so far this year. So far this year this team has managed zero big plays on defense and 7 points on offense – in 8 freaking quarters! Hello 1980s.

Pro Bowler
    Welcome back redundantman! Top notch as usual!

Pro Bowler
    Redundant - the only ray of light in this SH!T of a season! Thanks man!

Thanks Redundantman for shoeing away the Pigeon of Despair for a day, and allowing the Bluebird of Happiness to perch on Planet Steelers!

Hall of Famer
    Repeat after me...Yay Redundantman!...Yay Redundantman!...Yay Redundantman!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

sweet... it's redundant again

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Welcome back redundantman! Top notch as usual!
    The games need to start supplying better material. There are a LOT of ways to say "Boy we suck!" but at this rate I am going to use them up.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Redundant - the only ray of light in this SH!T of a season! Thanks man!
    Mighty kind of you. Sarcastic, self-deprecating mockery loves company, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Thanks Redundantman for shoeing away the Pigeon of Despair for a day, and allowing the Bluebird of Happiness to perch on Planet Steelers!
    Bluebirds get top billing for obvious reasons. Much prettier than pigeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Repeat after me...Yay Redundantman!...Yay Redundantman!...Yay Redundantman!
    Yay me! Yay me! Yay me!