Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Steelers likely to reconstruct blocking style

I will predict they will run a mixture of man and zone blocking schemes Sunday night. they usually always do anyway. Yea, maybe more outside runs for Felix on Sunday. They will probably try and go back to the original game plan they had in the Tenn game before Pouncey went down. Felix avged a nice 3.7 yds last week and I'd start him. His only issue is he's not the best blocking rb on the team. To be honest, he suks in that category. Sounds like Heath may go, and that will immediately help. If he doesn't, watch for Beach to be out there at TE to help block. They just need to convert 3rd downs better, so they can run more plays that what they have been.. that'll also help in getting Felix some yardage.

I'm also predicting a Stiller victory Sunday night......Here We Go...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

I think that part of the problem is the fascination with "position flexibility". Position flexibility is great for backups, but I want my starters to be the best at their one position that they can be. I want them spending as much time at camp as possible training as a number one unit, lining up beside the guy who they will be beside every game. To me, the concept of fitting one new guy into a unit due to injury is not as bad as having spent the summer playing alongside every combination of players in case we need to utilize our versatility.

They are concerned only with the position flexibility for backups...

DeCastro never lined up at anything but RG...Foster nothing but LG...

Of course, Pouncey was only C...

The OTs flip-flopped only because they felt tha Gilbert was worse at LT...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    They are concerned only with the position flexibility for backups...

DeCastro never lined up at anything but RG...Foster nothing but LG...

Of course, Pouncey was only C...

The OTs flip-flopped only because they felt tha Gilbert was worse at LT...
    maybe DD needed that flexibility... lol.

I don't..seems like every report in camp is about moving guys around every year.