Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steelers likely to reconstruct blocking style

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    did anyone besides me laugh when gilbert was quoted as saying "we're known as a power running team"? maybe he was referring to the DE's that keep running over him.
    I'd call this year's OL alot of things, but definitely not a power running team lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I serious doubt that is true. In Haley interview with David Todd Haley said the opposite instead he said the the RB and WR Coach help him with that.
    it doesn't make sense...

well, it made a little sense because we look horrible on O and take forever to hike the ball. LOL...

but Tomlin calling sub packages sounds suspect.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    That's what he said. It isn't about the depth chart because Bob was answering a question about not getting Wheaton on the field. He said the reason Wheaton wasn't on the field was because Tomlin decides the player groups and Haley calls the plays.
    Tomlin may decide player groups when game planning but during the game? No.. don't believe it at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

That's not the point. The point is, he played above average for us. Starks wasn't the problem. He could step in and be a better LT than Adams immediately. Adams could move to RT and perform better than Gilbert immediately. That improves 2 positions almost instantly and it could have been done cheaply. Instead, Tomlin is continuing his grudge on Starks and it's hurting this team and likewise, hurtining his chances of being back in Pittsburgh for the 2014 season.

By the way, you do realize that Starks is only 31 years old? How is that "done"? lol.
    above average? Nah.. and age has nothing to do with him being done.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I read an article, where Haley said he wouldn't be averse to replacing Adams or Gilbert for Beachum. I'm happy to see that. In terms of Starks, it is moot anyway--he's off the market.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I read an article, where Haley said he wouldn't be averse to replacing Adams or Gilbert for Beachum. I'm happy to see that. In terms of Starks, it is moot anyway--he's off the market.
    Is Eifert still available?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    And Gilbert said:

I don't know a lot about blocking, but you guys that are getting on Haley for not calling any plays using it - it sounds like we ran some before Pouncey went down (?) - are you saying Haley has to go because he didn't call zone blocking plays AFTER that? I'm wondering if maybe we held off because we didn't have a center who knew our scheme when he went down ...?
    Our Backup RT was supposed to KNOW all the calls that Pouncey would make! <SARCASM>
    it blows my mind how these guys are still whining.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    They practiced it all Spring and Summer and Haley refuses to call any runs using ZBS.
    Wow
    You missed the part where it said he stopped calling it after Pouncey went out. Why would you expect him to call it with Beachum and a center that barely practiced a week?
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    You missed the part where it said he stopped calling it after Pouncey went out. Why would you expect him to call it with Beachum and a center that barely practiced a week?
    ...and I'm pretty sure it was a collective coaching decision, not just Haley.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't believe it was a lack of attentiveness, I believe it was an insistence that he (Haley) runs this offense and not Ben. So, rather than let Ben get the team to the LOS and run a play, Haley waved it off and sent his personnel package onto the field, and, as we know now, this extra time gave Marvin Lewis the time to challenge the play.

Arrogance and ego are Haley's forte.

Pappy
    If so, that's even worse. Its a really bad error and if caused by ego, those things will likely continue to happen.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.