Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: What Tomlin Can Do Now...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    What Tomlin Can Do Now...

    ...to improve the Steelers' chances of winning:

    --Order Haley to implement a spread offense much of the time. Have the O start the game in the spread...the shock might at least keep the opponent on their heels for a minute or two.

    --Have Ben run the no-huddle on at least three series.

    --Get Markus Wheaton involved as a receiver.

    --Less vertical routes for Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery. Try Wheaton on a few of them.

    --Don't use Cotch to run reverses.

    --More Felix Jones, less Isaac Redman.

    --Give Max Starks a call.

    --Let Ben call the play to get the snap off before the opponent can throw a challenge.

    --Emphasize to the D to get turnovers. Harp on it in practice.

    --Emphasize to the O to not give up turnovers. Harp on it in practice.



    (Add your suggestions.)

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ...to improve the Steelers' chances of winning:

    --Order Haley to implement a spread offense much of the time. Have the O start the game in the spread...the shock might at least keep the opponent on their heels for a minute or two.

    --Have Ben run the no-huddle on at least three series.

    --Get Markus Wheaton involved as a receiver.

    --Less vertical routes for Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery. Try Wheaton on a few of them.

    --Don't use Cotch to run reverses.

    --More Felix Jones, less Isaac Redman.

    --Give Max Starks a call.

    --Let Ben call the play to get the snap off before the opponent can throw a challenge.

    --Emphasize to the D to get turnovers. Harp on it in practice.

    --Emphasize to the O to not give up turnovers. Harp on it in practice.



    (Add your suggestions.)
    Starks is off the market went to St. Louis Rams. [URL="http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=871548-rams-sign-max-starks"]Rams | Sign Max Starks[/URL]

    Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:12:49 -0700 The [URL="http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl/st.-louis-rams"]St. Louis Rams[/URL] signed OT [URL="http://www.kffl.com/player/9603/nfl/max-starks"]Max Starks[/URL] (Chargers) Wednesday, Sept. 18. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.


    Read more: [URL]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2fJ2mouph[/URL]

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Well, then scratch "adding Starks" and replace it with "finding SOMEBODY who can HELP this putrid OL"...

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    1) Turn off the speaker in Ben's helmet.

  5. #5
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    1) Turn off the speaker in Ben's helmet.
    "Can you hear me now?"

    Kindle

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ...to improve the Steelers' chances of winning:

    --Order Haley to implement a spread offense much of the time. Have the O start the game in the spread...the shock might at least keep the opponent on their heels for a minute or two.

    --Have Ben run the no-huddle on at least three series.

    --Get Markus Wheaton involved as a receiver.

    --Less vertical routes for Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery. Try Wheaton on a few of them.

    --Don't use Cotch to run reverses.

    --More Felix Jones, less Isaac Redman.

    --Give Max Starks a call.

    --Let Ben call the play to get the snap off before the opponent can throw a challenge.

    --Emphasize to the D to get turnovers. Harp on it in practice.

    --Emphasize to the O to not give up turnovers. Harp on it in practice.



    (Add your suggestions.)
    i think your list is pretty good.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Give Ben the offense and tell Haley to sit and watch, done, end of story.

    That's what Tomlin can do right now to improve the Steelers chances. Ben has played behind lines worse than this one and without top notch WRs before, so, Ben can win under these circumstances.

    Pappy


    1.30) TJ Watt, OLB, Wis
    2.62) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
    3.94) Cameron Sutton, CB, Tenn
    3.105) James Conner, RB, Pitt
    4.135) James Conner, RB, Pitt - Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tenn
    5.156) Brian Allen, CB, Utah
    6.213) Colin Holba, LS, Louiseville
    7.24 Keion Adams, LB, W. Michigan


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Give Ben the offense and tell Haley to sit and watch, done, end of story.

    That's what Tomlin can do right now to improve the Steelers chances. Ben has played behind lines worse than this one and without top notch WRs before, so, Ben can win under these circumstances.

    Pappy
    Ben could have won Monday night. Ben has had worse OCs before and won SBs...

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ben could have won Monday night. Ben has had worse OCs before and won SBs...
    That's one opinion....

    Pappy


    1.30) TJ Watt, OLB, Wis
    2.62) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
    3.94) Cameron Sutton, CB, Tenn
    3.105) James Conner, RB, Pitt
    4.135) James Conner, RB, Pitt - Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tenn
    5.156) Brian Allen, CB, Utah
    6.213) Colin Holba, LS, Louiseville
    7.24 Keion Adams, LB, W. Michigan


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's one opinion....

    Pappy
    but it's shared by many.. and most are doing all they can NOT to blame Haley because..

    well, you know why.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •