Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wow RB Trent Richardson traded to the Colts for a 2014 1st round draft pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He didn't fit what the new regime in town wanted for their Offense. I think it's as simple as that. They are going to have 7 picks in the first four rounds next year. That will allow them to build the kind of team they want from the ground up.

It does suck for this years team. However, it's also a shot at everyone who is underperforming at this point. I'm just glad I'm not a Browns fan that just invested in a Trent Richardson jersey because he was supposed to be the face of the franchise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He didn't fit what the new regime in town wanted for their Offense. I think it's as simple as that. They are going to have 7 picks in the first four rounds next year. That will allow them to build the kind of team they want from the ground up.

It does suck for this years team. However, it's also a shot at everyone who is underperforming at this point. I'm just glad I'm not a Browns fan that just invested in a Trent Richardson jersey because he was supposed to be the face of the franchise.
    That fantasy commercial is ruined now.. no more residual checks for those actors. smh

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I was surprised to hear about this move during my drive home.
    So was richardson... considering he heard it for the first time on the radio while driving home.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner...
    don't understand why they didn't just continue to suck and still get TB to go GO ALONG WITH Trent... Sounds like insurance that they'll have enough to trade up to #1, even if they don't get it.

But, from what i understand, they want a Lesean Mccoy/Brian Westbrook type of RB and Trent wasn't it.

Scary part, as a Louisville fan, is I'm not convinced Teddy is an NFL pro-bowl type QB. He looked like a freshman in his last game for the better part of the game.

As a 76ers fan, I get the "blow it up and rebuild" concept and love that the 76ers have done it. HOWEVER, Indy's pick is likely to be # 20-something... I don't see how THAT guy is going to be better/more valuable than Trent (assuming they can tank on their own and get Teddy).

Legend

User Info Menu

They Browns without Richardson will be bad, but they won't be Jacksonville bad. If Jacksonville has the #1 pick, and Bridgewater (or whoever else) proves to be a legit franchise QB prospect, the Jags aren't going to trade out of the top spot no matter what Cleveland offers them.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    don't understand why they didn't just continue to suck and still get TB to go GO ALONG WITH Trent... Sounds like insurance that they'll have enough to trade up to #1, even if they don't get it.

But, from what i understand, they want a Lesean Mccoy/Brian Westbrook type of RB and Trent wasn't it.

Scary part, as a Louisville fan, is I'm not convinced Teddy is an NFL pro-bowl type QB. He looked like a freshman in his last game for the better part of the game.

As a 76ers fan, I get the "blow it up and rebuild" concept and love that the 76ers have done it. HOWEVER, Indy's pick is likely to be # 20-something... I don't see how THAT guy is going to be better/more valuable than Trent (assuming they can tank on their own and get Teddy).
    McShady and Westbrook type backs are hard to find...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    McShady and Westbrook type backs are hard to find...
    We can trade them Felix Jones for the Colts' first round pick next year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We can trade them Felix Jones for the Colts' first round pick next year.
    I hope they just give Jones 20+ carries and lets see if he has a few big plays in him. Ride him till the wheels come off....and if that's only a week or two, good enough cause we will be getting Bellcow back soon.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I hope they just give Jones 20+ carries and lets see if he has a few big plays in him. Ride him till the wheels come off....and if that's only a week or two, good enough cause we will be getting Bellcow back soon.
    did i just read that Le'Veon Bell practiced fully today?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    did i just read that Le'Veon Bell practiced fully today?
    I don't know.. did you?