Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PFT: Brown Confronts Haley on Sideline

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish there was more of an altercation. We need something to spark something. Since when has Haley become this choirboy that completely avoids drama? I can't believe there hasn't been a full scale blow up by now. All this losing should be driving him nuts. But even he has no passion.

We need someone like Hines Ward to call out Ben. That used to work. He seemed to be the only one that could get under Ben's skin and irritate him just enough to play better.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I wish there was more of an altercation. We need something to spark something. Since when has Haley become this choirboy that completely avoids drama? I can't believe there hasn't been a full scale blow up by now. All this losing should be driving him nuts. But even he has no passion.

We need someone like Hines Ward to call out Ben. That used to work. He seemed to be the only one that could get under Ben's skin and irritate him just enough to play better.
    How can he play better when he's surrounded by crap?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    How can he play better when he's surrounded by crap?
    Ben has gone far w/ crap before. But then again, that crap could at least run block and RBs could find the run lanes.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just think it's odd how everyone thinks this team is so awful. I hate to say this, and I know everyone is going to jump all over me for saying it, but this is a 10 win team with Peyton Manning on it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I just think it's odd how everyone thinks this team is so awful. I hate to say this, and I know everyone is going to jump all over me for saying it, but this is a 10 win team with Peyton Manning on it.
    You're badly overrating this team if you think that.

Legend

User Info Menu

This situation is just a symptom of the problem. The problem? There is no clear #1 WR on this team. AB is the most highly paid, but that doesn't mean he is regarded as #1 by the coaching staff.

Game in, game out, one of the guys has to show he is the man. Maybe AB thinks it, but apparently he still needs to convince others (including a few fans).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    You're badly overrating this team if you think that.
    Really? He's over come as many if not more issues than we have now. They also never had a good defense (well once or twice).
    You don't think we score enough to beat tennessee or cincy? really?
    Ben is in a funk and when he gets out of it, I guarantee we win more games than you think they will.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? He's over come as many if not more issues than we have now. They also never had a good defense (well once or twice).
    You don't think we score enough to beat tennessee or cincy? really?
    Ben is in a funk and when he gets out of it, I guarantee we win more games than you think they will.
    That may or may not be true about Manning being on this team, but you're comparing a quarterback that can drop back make his reads and throw the football with confidence that his O-line will provide the necessary protection for him. Ben, on the other hand, has no such confidence (at least it appears that way) and, in reality, Ben's protection is inconsistent which may be worse than always bad. Ben never knows if he'll get the time or not, Peyton is almost certain he will get the time.

Difficult to assess how a different quarterback would operate with this O-line.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-18-2013 at 12:43 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

with Peyton calling the plays any team besides the Jags could win 10 games these days...

with Haley's plays and this OL and running game? no...hell no

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    with Peyton calling the plays any team besides the Jags could win 10 games these days...

with Haley's plays and this OL and running game? no...hell no
    QFT, no front office that has signed Peyton Manning would allow any OC to call a play. He'd be there to review film, determine where to attack the opponent, give Peyton the plays and tools to attack and then step aside and let the Sheriff go to work. If Haley would get out of Ben's way, we'd see similar results, regardless of what people think, Ben does understand the game and he does know what is working and what isn't.

Could you imagine an OC sending out Cotchery and two rookie or first year receivers and Paulson and then telling Peyton to run an end around to Cotchery. Peyton would call timeout walk over to the OC and tell him he's an idiot, tell the head coach to fire him immediately and then go back to the huddle and run a play with a realistic chance of succeeding. That play would have never seen the light of day if Manning were the quarterback.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount