Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PFT: Brown Confronts Haley on Sideline

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    The Bengals are on the verge of making the playoffs for the 5th time in 10 years. They are a far cry from the Bruce Coslet, David Shula led Bengals of years past.
    how many playoff wins? Screw the bungles...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Manning can make up for the deficiencies of the offensive line. he gets rid of the ball quick and is smart enough to not throw it to the other team.
    Manning gets rid of the ball very quickly, which has never been Ben's strong suit. However, with this group of receivers, it is tough to get the ball out quickly.

Manning has always had good recievers. This group is subpar.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Manning gets rid of the ball very quickly, which has never been Ben's strong suit. However, with this group of receivers, it is tough to get the ball out quickly.

Manning has always had good recievers. This group is subpar.
    Nope... Manning makes his receivers look good because he throws them open and works them like crazy.

If Manning was here they would look better... but he would still throw.INTs. They all do...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

how did a Brown vs. Haley thread get on Ben?

oh wait, nevermind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That may or may not be true about Manning being on this team, but you're comparing a quarterback that can drop back make his reads and throw the football with confidence that his O-line will provide the necessary protection for him. Ben, on the other hand, has no such confidence (at least it appears that way) and, in reality, Ben's protection is inconsistent which may be worse than always bad. Ben never knows if he'll get the time or not, Peyton is almost certain he will get the time.

Difficult to assess how a different quarterback would operate with this O-line.

Pappy
    I think Manning would adapt to the situation or adversity he faces. People didn't believe he would play as well as he did in Denver. He prove those people wrong. He adjusted to not having 100% arm strength last season.

When Manning faces the pressure he either takes a sack, slides in the pocket, or releases the ball right before he takes a hit. Manning makes everyone he plays with better because of his preparation, ability to anticipate, and overall understanding of the game. The QB of an offense can make everyone on offense better. I believe that when a QB plays at a high level it can change the dynamic of the way defenses approaches or attacks an offense. Maybe a defense will blitz more/less or play different coverages based on the QB they face. There is no doubt in my mind that Manning would improve the Steelers scoring offense.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I think Manning would adapt to the situation or adversity he faces. People didn't believe he would play as well as he did in Denver. He prove those people wrong. He adjusted to not having 100% arm strength last season.

When Manning faces the pressure he either takes a sack, slides in the pocket, or releases the ball right before he takes a hit. Manning makes everyone he plays with better because of his preparation, ability to anticipate, and overall understanding of the game. The QB of an offense can make everyone on offense better. I believe that when a QB plays at a high level it can change the dynamic of the way defenses approaches or attacks an offense. Maybe a defense will blitz more/less or play different coverages based on the QB they face. There is no doubt in my mind that Manning would improve the Steelers scoring offense.
    If If was a fifth, we'd all be drunk. Manning isn't here. Ben is. So, why design an offense that does not play to his strengths? I know some of you believe he has none. It's like in some of your eyes he's morphed into Chad Henne and we'd be better of with anyone but him. I sure hope he isn't feeling this way. However, with the crap gameplanning and play calling along with the refusal to surround him with even one GRADE A skill player, it wouldn't surprise me if he chose not to resign here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just think it's odd how everyone thinks this team is so awful. I hate to say this, and I know everyone is going to jump all over me for saying it, but this is a 10 win team with Peyton Manning on it.
    It's possible. If you are adept at getting the ball out quickly and accurately, you'll do well in this offense... and the deficiencies in the offense will be minimized. 10 wins would be the top end, but I could certainly see it. Ben's big weakness is his inability (at least as it relates to the elite) to throw with great anticipation.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    If If was a fifth, we'd all be drunk. Manning isn't here. Ben is. So, why design an offense that does not play to his strengths? I know some of you believe he has none. It's like in some of your eyes he's morphed into Chad Henne and we'd be better of with anyone but him. I sure hope he isn't feeling this way. However, with the crap gameplanning and play calling along with the refusal to surround him with even one GRADE A skill player, it wouldn't surprise me if he chose not to resign here.
    The offense is designed to his strengths...he missed quite a few wide open players in Cincy...if he can complete those passes going forward, life will be good....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The offense is designed to his strengths...he missed quite a few wide open players in Cincy...if he can complete those passes going forward, life will be good....
    This offense? Designed to his strengths? If so, Haley has gone off the reservation with his play calling, limiting the ability to audible, etc etc etc. And truthfully, if the receivers/backs/TE's catch a few more catchable balls, and then actually don't fumble, life will be better than good ...

Starter

User Info Menu

I just think it's odd how everyone thinks this team is so awful. I hate to say this, and I know everyone is going to jump all over me for saying it, but this is a 10 win team with Peyton Manning on it.
    Peyton Manning? I'd rather have Ben. And I still think this is a 10 win team with Ben.

I want to know why Markus Wheaton is not seeing the field. My co-worker, who is not a Steelers fan btw, jokes that he must be late for lunch every day so Tomlin's trying to teach him a lesson. Could it be Wheaton's in the doghouse for something?