Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PFT: Brown Confronts Haley on Sideline

Backup

User Info Menu

PFT: Brown Confronts Haley on Sideline

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/report-antonio-brown-confronts-todd-haley-on-sideline/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/report-antonio-brown-confronts-todd-haley-on-sideline/[/URL]

Report: Antonio Brown confronts Todd Haley on sideline
    Posted by Darin Gantt on September 18, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT

Someone should get Antonio Brown to sign a bar napkin, and ask him what he thinks of Todd Haley.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers wide receiver “confronted” his offensive coordinator on the sidelines in the second half of Monday’s loss to the Bengals, and “angrily complained” he wasn’t seeing enough of the ball.

According to the report, Haley and Brown were both still “seething about it” Tuesday.

There was no video footage of the incident, but the pattern of the game indicates something changed. Brown was targeted three times in the first half, with two catches for 35 yards. He was targeted six times in the second half.

Fellow starter Emmanuel Sanders was targeted 10 times, but No. 3 wideout Jerricho Cotchery was targeted five times in the first half, and nine for the game.

Such frustrations aren’t uncommon, especially on 0-2 teams. But for a team that’s struggling on offense the way the Steelers are, seeing one of their highest-paid players going off on the sidelines is going to be an issue.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no problem with a highly competitive player wanting to be part of the solution. It's been well documented how hard working and driven Brown is. He needs to pick the right time and place but while be may lose "style points," I love that he cares this much about a bad situation.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 09-18-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I have no problem with a highly competitive player wanting to be part of the solution. It's been well documented how hard working and driven Brown is. He needs to pick the right time and place but while be may lose style points," I love that he cares this much about a bad situation.
    damn straight... but this is what usually happens with Haley and WR's on the sidelines.

One thing tho... Brown laid down on that crossing route when it looked like he still had room to run. What's up with that?

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no problem with a highly competitive player wanting to be part of the solution. It's been well documented how hard working and driven Brown is. He needs to pick the right time and place but while be may lose style points," I love that he cares this much about a bad situation.
    He needs to get open on regular basis then and Ben will begin looking for him at crunch time. It's only natural, there's a reason Ben leans on Miller, because he's rarely covered when Ben needs him the most.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Either that, or the "Wallace-itis" virus was not decontaminated completely, and it is fixing to spread like wildfire now. I don't know much, but I do know that is a guaranteed path to a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

I hope Ben's little chat includes putting a lid on this stuff. Like Ovi said, there's a right way and a wrong way to get those points across.

And I might add, if it is coming from the top (remember that little vid someone posted of Tomlin intentionally "by accident" slamming his elbow into Haley's ribs?), this team is already lost ... because it won't be able to stay at a team if it turns into a circular firing squad.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    damn straight... but this is what usually happens with Haley and WR's on the sidelines.

One thing tho... Brown laid down on that crossing route when it looked like he still had room to run. What's up with that?
    It looked to me like he lost his balance. It made him look like he sat down but I think he tried to do a sudden stop and had his weight shift backwards. The only reason I say this is that I rewound it watched it about three times because it looked so wierd.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

It looked to me like he lost his balance. It made him look like he sat down but I think he tried to do a sudden stop and had his weight shift backwards. The only reason I say this is that I rewound it watched it about three times because it looked so wierd.
    Yeah Ovi I think you're right. It looked a little odd to me also. Personally, i'm fine with a WR going down after a long gainer like that. We've seen AB get hit from behind trying to extend a long run and fumble the ball in Oakland and Dallas, (hell, we saw it earlier in the game when Paulsen did it!) If he did it on purpose, I look at it like it's just a business decision and the right one at that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Yeah Ovi I think you're right. It looked a little odd to me also. Personally, i'm fine with a WR going down after a long gainer like that. We've seen AB get hit from behind trying to extend a long run and fumble the ball in Oakland and Dallas, (hell, we saw it earlier in the game when Paulsen did it!) If he did it on purpose, I look at it like it's just a business decision and the right one at that.
    exactly... he tried to cut back and went down. he's a punt returner, he knows when to hold them and he knows when to fold them, he knows when to walk away, he knows when to run!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Perhaps Brown would see more balls if he gained more separation.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think Todd Haley is Mike Tomlins Ray Sherman. And just like Ray, Todd wont make it through the whole season without being canned.

That being said Brown has not lived up to his contract. Shut your mouth and get open and youll get the ball