Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PFT: Brown Confronts Haley on Sideline

Rookie

User Info Menu

Umm...use your brains for a second...

Perhaps someone is holding a grudge, but it isn't me...

This is a message board...our opinions don't matter...

If Ben has lost, or never gained, trust of someone important....well, who could that be?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Umm...use your brains for a second...

Perhaps someone is holding a grudge, but it isn't me...

This is a message board...our opinions don't matter...

If Ben has lost, or never gained, trust of someone important....well, who could that be?
    If you're referring to Art II, then that makes him just as bad. Again, the Steelers had the chance to part ways with Ben after the incident in 2010, but they didn't. They kept him. So should they continue to "put him in his place" or should they build an offense around his strengths?

They've done the former for the past two seasons. It isn't working out too well. Then again, Art II is showing he has no football acumen at all. Just shows that Dan Rooney is a rarity amongst football owners.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone is holding a grudge. I think that Art just realizes that Ben hasn't turned into a world beater at QB and that they had more success when they limited him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArtHoweCrash View Post
    Not in the playoffs.

PIck six against the Saints.

Pick six against Ravens.

Troy's pick that was wiped out on a horrid call.

Peyton Manning is great in the regular season.

In the post season? Not so much.
    I agree with that 100% and that's why I would rather have Ben then Manning. When was the last time a Peyton Manning led team won fewer than 10 games though?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I don't think anyone is holding a grudge. I think that Art just realizes that Ben hasn't turned into a world beater at QB and that they had more success when they limited him.
    So you call what we are seeing currently as being success as opposed to 12-4?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tell that to the trainer he tea-bagged, then lied about in a book years later which cost her a job, then had to pay her off.

Hahahahahahaha Locker room leader? Mr. "We had protection problems" himself?

Peyton's F-ups led to 17 Ravens points in his latest post season choke, and he STILL wouldn't take the blame.

Ben takes the blame CONSTANTLY! Upon himself.

Peyton (and Eli) gets a free pass because he kisses media ass and his daddy Archie played on bad teams.

And suckers like you fall for it hook, line, and sinker.
    He gets a pass because he is a consistent regular season guy. I think he would win with what Ben has. I KNOW he'd choke it away in the playoffs. Ben is the exact opposite. Sometimes he plays down to the competition and it costs us. But in the playoffs he plays big.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Peyton's played in garbage divisions for most of his career. In the playoffs he doesn't get to beat up on doormats.
    And Cincy and Cleveland are what?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    If you're referring to Art II, then that makes him just as bad. Again, the Steelers had the chance to part ways with Ben after the incident in 2010, but they didn't. They kept him. So should they continue to "put him in his place" or should they build an offense around his strengths?

They've done the former for the past two seasons. It isn't working out too well. Then again, Art II is showing he has no football acumen at all. Just shows that Dan Rooney is a rarity amongst football owners.
    Just as bad as who?

Who exactly screwed up here?

Not me...

Look at it this way:

In 2004, the Steelers spend the highest draft pick they've had in years on Ben...which I think, for the record, was a great idea...

So, the Steelers experience a lot of success with Big Ben...including a SB...

What happens? Ben, like a fool, rides around on a motorcycle without a helmet and gets into a life-threatening accident...

He is kept on the team and even given a new $102 million contract early in 2008...the Steelers experience more success, winning another SB...

What happens? Lake Tahoe. Guilt or innocence aside (I say innocent, for the record) Ben put himself in a bad situation...poor judgment...

After that? Milledgeville.

So, you have an owner who shells out $100+ million to a player and this is how the player conducts himself?

Rooney may not trust Roethlisberger...I don't know...I'm not him...but, I probably would feel very betrayed...

What's the solution? Cut him? Trade him?

If you were Art, would you blow up the team's salary cap in order to accommodate him?

I might not.

But, if you want to compare Manning's incident that happened 15+ years ago when he was still in college vs what Ben did over the last 7-8 years, go ahead...

Oh, and Dan is a rarity among owners...I wish the apple had fallen a little closer to the tree...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    And Cincy and Cleveland are what?
    teams we usually beat... and they were good to us for the last 5 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    If Art is still holding grudges from 2010 AFTER he received permission from the NFL to attend Ben's 2011 wedding? Then he's the biggest phony in the organization and they should trade Ben and be done with it.

Don't defend Peyton either, YEARS LATER he defamed his victim in a book, which cost her means of making a living at the time when all she was trying to do was move on with her life. Hilarious still is how Slap has ignored Peyton's constant throwing under the bus of teammates when he can't win in the post season.

Pathetic, Steeler fans defending Peyton more than their own HOF QB. Did Peyton tea-bag you too?

And no, Ben wasn't riding around, like a fool, on a bike. He was going to the complex to workout, when HE was cut off, by an old bat in a car who doesn't know what a "Pittsburgh left" is.
    You can attend a wedding and still think you are smarter than the groom.

Peyton was wrong for the te bag in the book but umm.. that was college. She was paid handsomely by UT.

Peyton definitely threw his team under the bus when he was sacked on consecutive plays... that's what some leaders do. Brady screamed like a lil beyotch all night on Thursday because his WR's were screwing up. It happens... I wish Ben would call out some of these scrubs on the OL instead of covering for them and bailing them out.

Some people have the ability to give Peyton credit without it hurting Ben's status... even if he is a regular season MVP's and a playoff bum. ..and his commercials are funny too..

and yes.. riding without a helmet when you are the franchise QB and everyone and their momma begged him not to...