Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben on The Fan today... said its time for a team meeting

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ben said it may be time for the vets to hold a meeting and let these young kids no what time it is... let them know this level of play isn't acceptable. I think that meeting needs to happen like yesterday or on the flight home.
    I think it's happening tomorrow. He talked about bringing out the Lombardi's and pic's of the HOF'ers and saying, "this is the standard that we expect here." It's not like Ben, Clark, Keisel, etc haven't been on SB winning teams before. They feel that the talent is there and Ben was just saying that they need to find a way to bring it out.

One thing he said that I like was about pointing thumbs, not fingers. Fingers point to others and what they are/aren't doing. Thumbs point to yourself and what you need to do to be better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    more cheap talk.

tired of it.
    It's not cheap talk--Tomlin's typical post-game "it is what it is", "the standard" etc. IS. This (a team meeting) is the act of a desperate team. But it shows they aren't lying down. If they didn't do something, people would be saying they aren't doing anything.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben needs to have a talk with himself first...he hasn't throw too many good balls in about 10 games or so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ben needs to have a talk with himself first...he hasn't throw too many good balls in about 10 games or so.
    i agree with this. last year we blamed the injury. not sure what we can blame this year. plus he runs the slowest hurry up in the league all of a sudden. what's up with that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure, but Ben hasn't looked like Ben in awhile.

Backup

User Info Menu

What are you expecting when the team surrounds him with crap? No #1 TE, no #1 WR, a very bad OL, and an offense that doesn't fit his skillset.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben made the point a few times saying it includes & starts with him as well.

One thing--he doesn't throw his teammates under the bus like some of the other QBs do.

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Since Haley arrived to be exact.

I typically would rather give coaches a chance to get things right, but in this case I don't believe Haley has the coaching skill to get this offense right. He's too stubborn and the first three plays of the game and the ridiculous attempt to get different personnel on the field while Ben was trying to run a play to avoid a challenge flag are perfect examples of Haley's ego getting in the way of a franchise quarterback and in all likelihood HOF quarterback.

Haley needs to be removed sooner than later or the Steelers will be fortunate to win a handful of games.

Ben has bailed this team so often in the past that fans expect he can do it under any circumstance and the current circumstance may be more than he can make right.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-18-2013 at 08:16 AM.

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Since Haley arrived to be exact.

I typically would rather give coaches a chance to get things right, but in this case I don't believe Haley has the coaching skill to get this offense right. He's too stubborn and the first three plays of the game and the ridiculous attempt to get different personnel on the field while Ben was trying to run a play to avoid a challenge flag are perfect examples of Haley's ego getting in the way of a franchise quarterback and in all likelihood HOF quarterback.

Haley needs to be removed sooner than later or the Steelers will be fortunate to win a handful of games.

Ben has bailed this team so often in the past that fans expect he can do it under any circumstance and the current circumstance may be more than he can make right.

Pappy
    Thank you!! who thinks Tom Brady could be Tom Brady behind this line in this offense??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Since Haley arrived to be exact. ...Pappy
    Except under Haley's new scheme, in his 1st yr!, Ben was having a Superbowl-winning kind of season until he got hurt. I find it really hard to fit that into the "Haley is the devil incarnate" theories of what ails us. Much easier to point out our players suck.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!