Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Over the last 25 years, the Steelers have started 0-2 four times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i agree, the OC stinks... HOWEVER, this team is more talented than the OC makes them appear to be. With Ben and it has enough talent to at least be a playoff team... if that moron would just use him properly.
    Rank the teams in our division for offensive talent.
    We are WITHOUT QUESTION third by a GIGANTIC margin.
    We have the best QB (most important player true) but two QBs are "good" players.
    Outside of QB Cincy AND Balt are better AT JUST ABOUT EVERY OFFENSIVE POSITION.

At this point in the season considering injured players who are unavailable:

Running backs- Horrible
    Oline- Horrible
    Tight end- Horrible
    Receivers- average at best, possibly below average

Outside of QB we do not have A SINGLE STRONG OFFENSIVE UNIT.

THIS WILL NOT BE A STRONG OFFENSIVE TEAM.

This team was 21st in scoring LAST SEASON (336 points) with Wallace and Miller AND Pouncey.

We are 21st THEN LOSE ALL OUR Probowl players? That is a BAD offense.

You wanna Blame Haley?
    We SCORED EVEN LESS (325) in Arians last season with those three players.

Our ONLY CHANCE for a playoff is for the defense to carry the offense, difficult in todays NFL.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Maybe it just takes a while for teams to "get" those QBs. The Broncos almost traded John Elway to the Redskins in 1991, fired Mike Shanahan as an offensive assistant in 1991 after a dispute between him and Dan Reeves over the direction the offense should go (Shanahan wanted to open it up for Elway; Reeves was more conservative), and drafted Tommy Maddox in the first round of the 1992 draft. It wasn't until 1993, after they fired Reeves, that the Broncos sat down with Elway and asked him what he wanted. After that, they made Elway the centerpiece, and the team had a tremendous resurgence in 1996, winning three straight AFC West titles and back-to-back Super Bowls. It took the Broncos a decade to figure out how to make Elway happy. Maybe it's going to take the Steelers a decade to figure out how to make Roethlisberger happy.
    I would love it if the front office sat down with Ben and said, "What do we need to win Super Bowls with you as the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers?" I can guarantee you that the arrogance in the front office will never allow that to happen, from Art II, to Colbert to Tomlin they all believe they can build the best mousetrap and they aren't even sure if there's a mouse to be caught.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    All that, and if Ben just completes some passes to some open guys, the game may have ended differently...
    Eh, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Eh, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Pappy
    Then she should shave

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.