Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Over the last 25 years, the Steelers have started 0-2 four times.

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,437

    Over the last 25 years, the Steelers have started 0-2 four times.

    They finished with a winning record in each of the four seasons, making the playoffs three times."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ers-at-bengals

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    They finished with a winning record in each of the four seasons, making the playoffs three times."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ers-at-bengals
    But...those 4 teams had far better talent than this current team. And their offensive coordinator actually played the game of football before.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    But...those 4 teams had far better talent than this current team. And their offensive coordinator actually played the game of football before.
    I'm not defending Haley's play calling of late, but his not having played didn't seem to hurt him the first half of last season (before Ben got hurt)...

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm not defending Haley's play calling of late, but his not having played didn't seem to hurt him the first half of last season (before Ben got hurt)...
    It is Haley's idea that this team can run the ball behind a line that isn't built to do that. Or the fact that he thinks this team can stretch the field with Antonio Brown or Emmanuel Sanders. Or the fact that his offense was suppose to help protect Ben. Get the ball out quicker. He has Ben taking a step backward not forward. Ben was better in Arians' system than he is in Haley's. That should be enough to get him fired. We are talking about a franchise QB here.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    It is Haley's idea that this team can run the ball behind a line that isn't built to do that. Or the fact that he thinks this team can stretch the field with Antonio Brown or Emmanuel Sanders. Or the fact that his offense was suppose to help protect Ben. Get the ball out quicker. He has Ben taking a step backward not forward. Ben was better in Arians' system than he is in Haley's. That should be enough to get him fired. We are talking about a franchise QB here.
    Do you honestly think BA's offense would work any better with the current personnel (Adams, Foster, Velasco, DeCastro, Gilbert, Paulson, Redman, Cotchery, Brown, Sanders)?

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Do you honestly think BA's offense would work any better with the current personnel (Adams, Foster, Velasco, DeCastro, Gilbert, Paulson, Redman, Cotchery, Brown, Sanders)?
    Would it be great?....No, but I believe it would be better. Arian's offense was better suited for Ben's style of play. He got more out of Ben.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,071
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Do you honestly think BA's offense would work any better with the current personnel (Adams, Foster, Velasco, DeCastro, Gilbert, Paulson, Redman, Cotchery, Brown, Sanders)?

    Definitely.... Jones would stay on the field, Wheaton would be our #3 and yes... Ben would take more hits but he would throw more 10 to 15 yarders which would force the D to back off a little or get burned after a few RUTFM.

    It wasn't great but it was effective...Sanders would also be in routes that would benefit him instead of trying to imitate Wallace.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Definitely.... Jones would stay on the field, Wheaton would be our #3 and yes... Ben would take more hits but he would throw more 10 to 15 yarders which would force the D to back off a little or get burned after a few RUTFM.

    It wasn't great but it was effective...Sanders would also be in routes that would benefit him instead of trying to imitate Wallace.
    So you are saying that the OC is making the decision about whether and when Jones and Wheaton play? I think that's Tomlin's call...and I think he'd be making that call whether it was Haley or BA as OC.

    Also, Ben attempted quite a few passes longer than 10 yards vs. the Bengals, IIRC.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,071
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    So you are saying that the OC is making the decision about whether and when Jones and Wheaton play? I think that's Tomlin's call...and I think he'd be making that call whether it was Haley or BA as OC.

    Also, Ben attempted quite a few passes longer than 10 yards vs. the Bengals, IIRC.
    Pretty sure Haley is responsible for the packages on O.

    ..and I'm pretty sure Wheaton would be on the field for those long passes. BA always put young burners in for go routes.

    ...and remember Sweed? BA clearly benched him after that drop in Cincy.

    You may be right about Redman though, seems like Tomlin is in love with him. However, I think he would be used more responsibly on 3rd downs.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    THis is the year we buck the trend and win the SuperBowl.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •