Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could it be this easy??????

Rookie

User Info Menu

Could it be this easy??????

buddy and i got to talkin last night,,,we think Gilbert is just god awful so are plan!!!
    Move DeCastro to left guard where he truly belongs,and Foster to right guard,and put Beachum at RT....
    Decastro isnt srong enough to play rg,,,foster is,,and foster is a bad puller,decastro isnt!!!
    i would think this would make a huge difference!!! your thoughts

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.me View Post
    buddy and i got to talkin last night,,,we think Gilbert is just god awful so are plan!!!
    Move DeCastro to left guard where he truly belongs,and Foster to right guard,and put Beachum at RT....
    Decastro isnt srong enough to play rg,,,foster is,,and foster is a bad puller,decastro isnt!!!
    i would think this would make a huge difference!!! your thoughts
    Agree 100% ...thought the same thing.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Agree 100% ...thought the same thing.
    Starting to see why DecASStro dropped on the draft. Not looking good at all since the knee. Were did that steelers fan website go were the guy broke down the O-line every week?
    I wonder if Foster is on Adams side to help save Adams in pass blocking?

Rookie

User Info Menu

They need to overhaul this line. Their best player signed last week. They need to go sifting through every teams practice squads and find out the players that teams with good O lines are trying to hide.

Legend

User Info Menu

Problem is who goes in for M.Adams, he is just as pitiful as Mr. Gilbert.

Legend

User Info Menu

It kinda drives me nuts that Adams and Foster looked great last season on the right, so we shuffle them both to the left and instead of having 2 weaknesses, we now have 4.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It kinda drives me nuts that Adams and Foster looked great last season on the right, so we shuffle them both to the left and instead of having 2 weaknesses, we now have 4.
    Not picking on you flip, but people here throw around words like "great" way too readily when talking about our "prospects". Cam Heyward gets his hand up and the pass hits it; he also happens to touch the QB for a QB pressure--and he played "great". I recall a couple years ago when Hood was still a "prospect", people were fawning all over a supposed great performance (I think it was at the end of his 1st or 2nd season... I think he got a couple sacks or something, which were pure circumstance).

Adams has never been anything more than serviceable at any point.

As to the thread, I don't think moving this group of guys does anything (e.g. Decastro and Foster swapping). This kind of thing has worked, but you have to have a supertalent (e.g. Faneca, Bruce Matthews) who can take over a hole like at Left Tackle, and having a capable replacement for them at their original position. The closest player our line has to that (Pouncey) was fragged by our prized '12 #1 pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Adams is a first year starter at LT so I'll give him some leeway.......but the fact that Marcus Gilbert couldn't win the LT job in his 3rd season says a lot.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Question - why is it that every line in front of Peyton Manning makes it look easy regardless of injuries? Answer - the threat of the offense challenging ervery part of the field. Aganist the d-line running draws and quick hitters against over aggressive lineman. Against the blitz running quick screens and hot reads with wr and against zone defenses your wr sit down in the open holes. Once you take all of this into account on every play and every down your defense has to be cautious, thus giving the o line a better chance at holding the pocket and giving him more time to throw. We need to let Ben call the plays at the line and quit callings plays based on the OC play sheet. What do you think?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noitall0605 View Post
    They need to overhaul this line. Their best player signed last week. They need to go sifting through every teams practice squads and find out the players that teams with good O lines are trying to hide.
    Next year, we move Pouncey to right guard..DeCastro to left guard, Beachum at right tackle and Adams at left tackle, keep Velasco longer and starting center. Boom.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa